Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hanky Panky

  
“I've changed my ways a little, I cannot now
Run with you in the evenings along the shore,
Except in a kind of dream, and you, if you dream a moment,
You see me there.”
― Robinson Jeffers








“A person can learn a lot from a dog, even a loopy one like ours. Marley taught me about living each day with unbridled exuberance and joy, about seizing the moment and following your heart. He taught me to appreciate the simple things-a walk in the woods, a fresh snowfall, a nap in a shaft of winter sunlight. And as he grew old and achy, he taught me about optimism in the face of adversity. Mostly, he taught me about friendship and selflessness and, above all else, unwavering loyalty.” 
 John Grogan, Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog





                                                          “The more boys I meet the more I love my dog.” 
                                                                                                             ― Carrie Underwood




                                              “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” 
                                                                                                                                          ― Roger Caras





“I once heard a woman who had lost her dog say that she felt as though a color were suddenly missing from her world: the dog had introduced to her field of vision some previously unavailable hue and without a dog, that color was gone. That seemed to capture the experience of loving a dog with eminent simplicity. I'd amend it only slightly and say that if we are open to what they have to give, dogs can introduce us to several colors with names like wildness, nurturance, trust and joy.”
― Carolyn Knapp









“You can always trust a dog that likes peanut butter.”
― Kate DiCamilloBecause of Winn-Dixie




“I do not concern myself with my inability to feel such comfort amidst humans (other than with very few friends and family), but, rather, am simply thankful that at least dogs exist, and I’m humbly aware of how much less a person I’d be – how less a human – if they did not exist. ”
― Rick BassColter: The True Story of the Best Dog I Ever Had



“Sometimes you're sure dogs have some secret, superior intelligence, and other times you know they're only their simple, goofy selves.”
― Deb CalettiThe Six Rules of Maybe







“A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his.”
― John GroganMarley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog






 



“He taught us the art of unqualified love. How to give it, how to accept it. Where there is that, most other pieces fall into place.”
― John GroganMarley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog



 




“If I could be half the person my dog is, I'd be twice the human I am.”
― Charles YuHow to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe

        



I have never known a love like this.
I never knew what I would sacrifice for him.
He is my Hanky. He is my Henry.
He will always be.

As I sit here writing this homage to my best buddy he lays calmly at my feet. Snoring away as he does most of the time I am at my computer. 
My heart is breaking and yet so full at the same time. 
His age has gotten the best of him and it is time to let him swim in the rivers of the heavens. 
I know he will find his Sara Bealu and they will once again rough house as if it were old times. 

Thank you my "old man" for all of your love. 
Thank you for opening my heart.
Thank you for your licks and snores.
Thank you for showing me a definition of loyalty that only you could.
I'll see you soon... "on the other side...where the rainbows never die."

I love you my Hanky Panky Puddin and Spanky...








2 comments:

Deanna said...

Fantastic photos
All dogs go to heaven!
xoxox

indeazgirl said...

I love all these quotes! :-) and you. Sorry this is so hard.