A few days after Dr. BFF left I became a mommy...again... to an old/new dog.
That's right.
2 Cats and 1 dog.
The bright side to my small farm in my apartment?
I can no longer be called a cat lady.
So Hank has been a part of our family for years.
11...or 12... we can't remember.
Yes, he is old.
Well... he has been with one of my brothers.
Yes, the evil one.
The evil one decided he just wanted to give up on the old man so naturally being the sucker/empathetic heart that I am took him.
Perfectly enough he has been great for me.
Minus the massive surgery he had..
Oh my nerves.
How am I really ever going to have children?
As you can see Hank is a yellow lab.
Not the funny brown colored cowdog of the popular book that was such a hit in the early 1990s.
Since he is pretty old this is where I find him almost 99% of the time.
Kinda melts my heart.
Except for when he has gas.
Whoa. He can clear a room fast!
This is his BFF Axel.
Axel lives with my mom.
Axel also uses Hank as a couch most of the time.
Within the week after I got him he had to have surgery.
Lucky pup.
Do you know how hard it is to keep a lab mellow?
The doctor recommended Benadryl.
It worked...just saying.
Lucky for him he is a big fan of my pillow.
You know me! Didn't want the dog just sleeping straight on the floor!
This was yesterday, about a week after he had his surgery.
He is doing better and hanging in there.
I love this old man.
He has been good for me and for some of the people in my life.
I hope we at least get a few more years together.
He is a great dog...cowdog or not.









3 comments:
Labs are such good dogs, but always make me sad because they have so many health problems. My mom's favorite dog we had growing up was a beautiful and loving yellow lab, but she passed away prematurely from a huge tumor.
I love dogs so so much! He is so precious! That's great that you are taking such good care of him :)
These pictures are so cute. I love the one of him and Axel. And I'm glad he's doing better. OUCH!!
Post a Comment