Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Costly Dinner

You never think that when you leave to go to dinner for the evening the total of the bill might end up around $3,000...

Rewind.

The weekend basically started out like this.


I was content cleaning and organizing so that this week it wouldn't be on the long list of the "to dos."
The boys are loving the new house and pretty much were floating room to room keeping me company while I dusted this or swept up that.
In between they spent their time in their new memory foam bed which clearly they can't get enough of.


So most of Saturday was relaxing.
That night Bama (who is now home for a month..weird) invited me to dinner.
Happily I agreed to go.
He told me to pick a spot and he'd be here around 7.
Great.... I thought.


Seeing how not many people in my life outside of Dr. BFF appreciate food like Bama I was determined to find somewhere I had never been and sounded delish.
I happened (thank you urbanspoon) upon Pallet.
Can I just tell you how wonderful it was?
Yes, there might of been an additional hour wait on top of our reservation... 
However the parmesan fries were to die for and the tuna with mandarins has me thinking about attempting that at home! 
The decor consisted of rustic reclaimed wood and those amazing lights.
It got Bama's seal of approval for an SLC restaurant and maybe in a few months I'll go back. 


Then it happened.
I came home a mere 3 hours later to this.


For those of you who don't know, the red container was seizure medication. The white one? A full prescription of puppy vicodin.
(Both Hank's...he's old)
Do you see how it is chewed to shreds? 
Thank you puppies.

Immediately I was on the phone to the vet (those people must think I torture my animals/never keep my eye on them) and they insisted I take them both to the ER.

This was them this morning.


This was me.
Not a very happy mommy who shed quite a few tears.

So out of the two clowns we don't know who ate what or how much. Lucky for me this means they both get treated.
ie. In the hospital for 3 days.
Hense the 3 grand for dinner.


I start my 2nd job this week.
I also have officially said goodbye to any sort of summer vacation and any toys I may or may not have wanted for the next 5 years.

At least we have our health right? (insert highly over dramatic sarcasm in here.)

2 comments:

bradleyjohn said...

I was thinking that three grand sounded a bit steep for tuna, even if it was delicious...

Funny, last week Shelby drank some water that I had left out while they fogged our building for cockroaches. I ended up freaking out a little, calling a 24 hour vet and poison control. Luckily, there was no vet visit involved, and our brown dog is still alive. Whew.

indeazgirl said...

Dinner sounded amazing. I have never seen you look so young and crying. Glad the boys are ok :-)