The greatest thing about blogging is that now I have been doing it so long I get to be able to go back and see what I have done in the years past.
For example: The 4th of July
Sadly I started this little adventure in the middle of July 2008 so 2009 is as far back as I've got.
Nonetheless it is still very cool to have it all documented from that point.
This year like the past 2, I spent the day in PC at City Park.
Lucky for me, Finn and (insert nickname I haven't yet come up with here) got to join me.
We did the typical/wonderful go to events of the day for being in PC.
Watched the parade.
Took self posed jpegs.
Had random people take jpegs.
Ate $3.00 burgers.
Teased Finn accidentally with said burgers.
Saw old friends.
Man I miss these guys.
Watch the excitement get the best of Finn...
Eventually he couldn't take it anymore.
Lastly got to have dinner and beers with long lost traveling buddies.
(Why does my arm look like 5 times the size it really is? Creepy.)
That day was a good one but emotionally a teeny bit straining.
I really miss PC.
I have been in SLC for a few months now and because of work and the commute will continue to stay down here for the next year or so.
PC had become my home and I had fallen very in love with it over the past few years and hopefully will be back after spending a season skiing here.
The coolest thing about being up there is the sense of community and on the 4th there is nothing or no one who does it better.
Sadly because of all of the dry weather we have had and the amount of fires over the west coast fireworks were not an option in the mountains.
So after dinner we headed home.
We contemplated a rooftop watching of the Sugarhood's (my name for Sugarhouse) but I gave into the air conditioning and the sandman and called it a night.
It was a good 4th.
Fireworks or not.
I hope you all had an enjoyable one as well!
xoxo.







No comments:
Post a Comment