"Work Brings Freedom."
This has been my mantra for the past few weeks.
What does that have to do with the celebrating the Fourth of July for me? Well, to be honest, it is one of the few holidays that I can have a shot at getting off.
Bartending, or working in the restaurant industry, it is pretty much mandatory that you work holidays. Therefore I do work almost all of them. Including Christmas.
This 4th however I got lucky.
I feel I have made a huge effort in the past 6 months to really work hard to prove myself and I got rewarded on this holiday by having the whole day off!
It was awesome.
For the first time in years I had a really great holiday with my family... well a part of them.
Last year was great.
This year however might of been epic.
Why you ask?
Take a look see....
The greatest thing about being in PC on the 4th is that EVERYBODY and I mean EVERYBODY comes out for it!
There is a huge local parade that starts at the top of Main St and flows all the way down Park Ave.
This year a few of our family friends threw a party so we got to join in on the driveway and enjoy the amazing little floats.
After watching the parade we all then got to venture in to City Park.
When I saw we all I mean me and about 5 thousand other people.
It is insane!
There is a little street fair, rugby game, concert, and plenty of locals partying PC style to give you entertainment all day!
I luckily brought my camera through the crowds and got a few of these great shots!
Yes, most of these people I love and adore!
All in all it was a true all American holiday. If I had the time or patience to load all of my 500 photos taken that day to prove it I would.
Needless to say. I am proud to be an American.
I feel so lucky to live in a country when I can have the opportunities and freedoms I do.
Like I said. "Work Brings Freedom" and boy am I lucky to have both!















1 comment:
So on the fourth I went to church and then did homework for 5 hours. Yours was maybe a little cooler. I love that you know all these crazy people!
Post a Comment