Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Foodie and Some Vets.

Often when I sit down to write any of my posts the word lucky comes to my mind.
Hopefully I will find a new way for using the word and or phrase but for today it is going to have to work.

Right before I got to go home I got to do something really cool.
Now, a little about me... I think to think I see some things in life through very different lenses.
Not just rosy ones but lenses that are more like the mirrors in a fun house.
Every time I see something or experience something I really never know what I am going to view the outcome as emotionally or physically.

Now I've mentioned Bama once or twice on my blog.
He has become a really great friend who gets to have a ton of neat experiences "lucky" for me I have got to see or be apart of one or two of them.

Due to Bama's job he gets to give a little bit of service in a way that most people don't get to.
Now, due to his privacy I won't say what exactly that is but,
maybe one day he will comment on my blog and all will be well!
Anyway, let's just say for this occasion he got to give disabled vets a tour around his work place and enlighten them a little bit about food.

Now I am sure you are asking me why I made the rosy lens comment.
Well, yes being able to give service to anyone, let alone vets is impressive. It is admirable and an incredible way to be able to give back to men and women who fought for our freedom.
However that said I saw something that meant so much more to me.
This year I have met so many people who do what they love.
Jordy yes is one of them.
Bama is another.
Oddly they are different.
Why? That is my opinion but I must say getting to know Bama and some of the things he has busted his ass for at such a young age and what he has accomplished is jaw dropping.
So on this night that I got to go shoot what he does.... I also got to see his passion.
He isn't home a lot and when he is we all jump at the opportunity to go out with him.
For months I wondered what exactly he did.
Getting to see him do it and with the fire that he has for his job makes me want to find that same thing in my life someday.
Seeing him with those vets made me want to pursue more of what I love.
Walking in there that night I was nervous for me... Let alone HIM!
Me and Kristin (other friend) were in awe.
So the lesson learned that day... push myself to love something that makes me light up the way we saw him light up while doing his job....
He had to begin somewhere and so do I.


"Lucky" for me I have these people in my life that work hard, sacrifice, and give what they can when they can.
I couldn't ask for better examples!

Thank you Bama for an unexpected lesson and a true visual and appreciation for making a difference in others lives by simply doing what you love.
No matter how much work it is or what it takes out of you! ;)

No comments: