In April of 2010 I got to go home to shoot Ryan and Justine's wedding. If you missed that sweet post click here. Lucky for me this year, another member of the Bradley family got married and I was asked once again to shoot their photos. Can someone say yay road trip?
A little over a week and a half ago I got to go back up to WA for the 2nd year in a row.
Going home to me is becoming one of my favorite things in my life.
The reason for that is whenever I leave, I leave knowing I did nothing but laugh for the week I was there.
Here is some of the proof and the stories to go with them via my iPhone.
This past winter I became addicted to Starbucks. I know you coffee snobs out there don't think it is anything great. What do you know anyway?
Anywho. After getting in the car with Mom and making it to about Ogden I was dying for a good grande nonfat 6 pump hazelnut 1 Splenda latte. (Sick yes blah blah blah) Lucky for me I have the "Starbucks App" on my phone! No problem right? I mean, it said it was only 2.7 miles away and we would be there in 6 min.
An hour later and 2 missed Starbucks on the way we found one.
Needless to say... Mom not the biggest fan of Starbucks. he he he....
First night home usually means a trip to Hot Rods.
Sadly (becasue the owner of the bar whom I caught pooring the wrong booze for shots and stealing...) this location might change. Yearly now we have rounded up the fam and had a crazy night! This year was extra special due to the fact that when we showed up a whole other part of the family was there celebrating one of my cousins 21st birthdays. Yep. Whiskey, Coors Light, John Deer hats, sparkles, and cowboys with their chew.
One of my favorite things about being back in the country.
On a seperate night out we (Josh and I) went to one of the other 3 bars in town and I had to teach... yes teach, the bartender who also happens to be the owner how to make a lemon drop!
Like the glass?
Yes, the man owns a bar and no martini glasses!
Priceless.
After the first night in town my cousin (the Bride) had to get her hair done.
This might of been one of the funniest experiences thanks to the stylist.
I was talking to Leslie (bride) about dating and some situations I was in and the stylist says,"You want to know my advice? Make sure you get them run a background check, credit check, and make sure they pee in a cup."
Mmmm... interesting dating advice don't cha think?
A few days later we went to see my Uncle Jasper.
I love this photo because he looks like Charles Manson.
Creepy? Yes.
Do I still love it? Of course!
Did I mention he has a sweet old Chevy chilling in his front yard?
(Bring on the Redneck jokes?)
But seriously! How cool would this be to fix up?
Another thing that I took up while out in the country... Quilting!
I started making this one for a friends puppy.
Don't ask why his dog.
I don't know if I'll ever get to give it to him.
However I am taking donations for a sewing machine or a machine itself!
This picture is of chinese food. I have no idea of the name of the place.
It is in the Dalles.
Do you see that the plate size is bigger than my Mom's head?
Gross.
My Aunt opened a deli in our hometown (more on that later).
This is a sign in it.
I guess I should of put this up with the Starbucks post!
While in town we got to go through old family photos we have never seen.
This cute girl is not me.
It's Sissy Sofia.
Yes, she isn't my real sister.
But damn near as close to one I've got.
You can't tell me it isn't the cutest thing you have ever seen!
I can't wait for her to procreate and make cute babies!
I also got to go to the Tri-Town and see two girls I've known most of my life.
One has the cutest boys in the world and an adorable blog!
The other didn't know backpacks with wheels were already invented and still listens to music on her Discman.
Not kidding.
We got to have a mellow fun night just catching up and reliving all of the old times we had in the middle/high school days.
I couldn't of imagined my childhood without these two.
I am so happy that they are both still a part of my life.
Did I mention Cry's boys?
I am so in love with them.
Seriously GQ.
She will have her hands so full when they turn 16!
Another amazing thing?
Here is my childhood home.
I love driving by and seeing the trees my Mom planted when were were just kids.
It is amazing how some things change and some still stay the same!
Can't wait to share part 2!














2 comments:
yeah! I made the blog!! So happy to have reconnected with you, lets do better at keeping in touch, love how when we get together it feels as if you never left, that is what true friendship means to me.
Love the dating advice. Love the sister. Love the John Deere hat. Love the hick bar with no martini glasses :-) Good times.
Post a Comment