Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lucky May


One of the things about living in the mountains that makes you want to pull your hair out is when May swings around the corner and it still is snowing outside.
For me, a girl who loves to ski (and by the end of October is yelling at the Heavens if it hasn't yet) can't even handle the sight of withe flakes floating down any day after May Day.

Sadly, this year has been one of those years. It has rained and snowed much further into our "spring" than any PC local cares for. Luckily for me I have happened to get one day where the trails where not muddy enough to get one ride in. Yes, only one.


For those of you out there who have never mountain biked. Do it. If only once. You will not regret it. There are a ton of things in my life I love but nothing like riding. Yes, it is only really my first real year on a bike but it is something I hope to get really good at. For me, I love it because it makes you work really hard and gives you a great pay off and reward at the same time. (AKA. The video where I can't breathe!) I am not the best rider and love going up everything and down nothing but hopefully that will change by the end of the season....
I told Jordy my goal was to ride all of Mid Mountain Trail by the end of the summer.
If summer ever gets here.


Funny story.
If you look at the ingredients above and were asked to cook a meal what would you come up with?

Yes, that is;
Artichoke
Pork
Spagetti Squash
Apples
Basil
&
Edible Flowers!

A few weeks ago Bama told me he would cook me dinner if I just rant to the store and grabbed a few things. He said, "Bridge, just pick up a meat and a veggie and whatever you want." Ha! Right! I don't know about you guys but when chef asks you to just grab what you want it was a little intimidating to me. Therefore did I take this as a challenge?
Yep.
Later did I realize I was a dickhead?
Yep.
What did he come up with?


Lemon crusted pork chop on a bed of spaghetti squash with a cauliflower and spinach sause topped with artichoke heart, flower, and apple salad.
Will he ever send me to the store without a list again?
Nope!

Lastly, How many of you have Kentucky Derby parties or actually watch the race?
Yeah me either unless I am bar-tending at work.
In which, this year I pulled the winning horse's name, "Animal Kingdom" out of a hat.
$100 Dollars later I guess it was a good day to go to work!


Not to mention the kick ass High West rep gave me the sweetest buckle! (I collect belt buckles for those of you who don't know)
Talk not only lucky day but lucky May!







1 comment:

indeazgirl said...

Beautiful impressive dinner.
Totally kick ass belt buckle.
Awesomeday.