Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 16, 2010

Biking and Hiking and Whatnot.

(Pictures from Tuesday night shoot at the barn)

Yesterday I took a hike and got lost.
Literally got lost in the middle of a canyon.
I knew which way to go back and I knew where I was on the mountain but really didn't know how to get around without the snow and my snowboard.
It was my first hike of the summer and I am so glad that I chose to go.
Lately I have been feeling out of sorts with my physical activity...mostly due to work and lack of effort but, yesterday I had enough and decided to take a hike that my girlfriends had recommended to me the night before. They told me how they run this trail and think it is awesome. I thought, "Great this will kick my but into gear!" Let me tell you. IT DID. (On a side note the girl who recommended it played professional soccer and is insane physically) For me not just the hiking part but just being alone in the mountains was surreal and much needed.
It was awesome just to sweat my guts out and think about things that I didn't know I needed to process. The SM came up a few times. Mostly because he is a maniac of a mountain bike rider but also just because being in the mountains takes me to him. I knew that as a kid I loved being in the trees. I had learned how to ride here on this same mountain I hiked yesterday but, it wasn't i believe until I was 18 when I was so deliriously happy and could really appreciate the sound of the wind in the trees or the smell of the Aspens. He has an appreciation for the outdoors almost to the extent of Bear Grylls and I loved him all the more for it.
I also go to thinking about what is next for me.
I am hopefully going to try and go to Africa with a good friend of mine and Kaiizen in September but I am not 100% on that yet. I also asked myself a ton of questions as far as photography and why I haven't really put more into it. My work now has come up a ton in my thoughts lately. I love what I do and who I work with (most of them) but I know it isn't a forever thing and I don't really want to do it long term... so now what?
Other than that life here in the mountains has been so good to me.
Today I got up, had some granola and hoped on my bike. How many people get to say that they live in a place to be able to do that whenever they want?
Hopefully I will get to ride a little more and get better at it. Mountain biking has always been a scary thing for me (yes, it has to do with knocking my teeth out) but more and more I am relaly starting to fall in love with it.
Maybe in the next month or so I won't be getting passed up by anymore 60 year old hard core men on bikes... maybe instead I'll be keeping up.

No comments: