Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, July 15, 2010

David Tower Jordan and The Headboard

First off this blog post has two parts.

Part 1.
David. Tower Jordan.
or.
"Jordy" as he is known to everyone else is a do-er.
(Yes, I just made up that word.)
Jordy has become a good friend of mine who pretty much has saved my life a million times over in the past few weeks. I honestly don't know how I have gotten this far in life without him! He and I met through a mutual friend and have pretty much been good buddies since.
One of my favorite things about him is that he is the most motivated guy I know. If he has an idea or project he goes for it full force ahead.
Another is that only his mom called him David Tower Jordan when he was in trouble as a kid and he thinks its funny when I do.

Part 2.
I moved a few weeks ago. My house has pretty much been in a complete disarray until these past few days. It has been an interesting experience trying to piece my house all together again especially without having all of my things in the same place at the same time for so long. The other exciting aspect of moving has been trying to figure out new things that I want or ideas I would like to implement in my new home. The first being the chair. The second was this but not at the price tag of this!
(Make sure you click on the link!)
I knew that this headboard was exactly what I wanted!
The only problem I had was how to make it and what to do.
Then I remembered. Shoot. I have Jordy.
(Honestly he is one of the few guys I know that isn't a contractor but owns his own jigsaw!)
I showed him a few pictures and this is what he came up with...







HOW AMAZING IS THAT?
Yes. That is my new headboard!
I almost cried... no that is a lie. I cried.
Every morning while wondering around my room I almost want to pinch myself.
I think that making things for someone is special...
but, making something that contributes to holding my dreams at night is beyond.

David Tower Jordan,
I have told you that this is the most special thing anyone has made me...
but right now,
right here,
I am making sure the whole world knows.
(Or the 20 people who read this thing)
Thank you so much for the headboard of my dreams...
I love it more than anything!

1 comment:

indeazgirl said...

Dear DTJ,
Your name is so so cool. You should thank your mom for that.
I like so much that you randomly did this.
Maybe you should make these often.
I like it all the different colors just as much as I like the solid color. Very rustic.
Who knew wood was available in so many colors.
Anyways, that's all.
Very cool.