Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 9, 2012

Places I Will Go!

So in February I got to go do this.
As I mentioned that workshop to me was a very big deal.
Before I decided to go I was a wreck. 
I didn't think I could afford it.
I was struggling taking the time off. 
I was questioning my photography skill set.
It was all kinds of a head game.

Oddly the one thing that made me decided to do it was Jordy.
He posed the question to me, "Bridget, would you regret it if you didn't go?"
The answer to me was obviously yes.
So I went and I shot.

I submitted three photos into our workshop contest.
I got 2nd by 51 votes.
Not to bad for a girl who had never done this before.

SNOWBIRD WORKSHOP from Scott Markewitz on Vimeo.


Then the unexpected.
There was an email from Scott in my inbox about a week after the workshop!
It was an invitation for me to come interview in his office for a position.
(This is what it was posted as on his fb.
I'm looking for an energetic and organized studio assistant to manage digital photo database, send out client image submissions, contact and maintain relationships with clients and handle other office duties. Here's a short description of what's required:
Key Responsibilities:
Organizing digital photographic images, including adding metadata and keywording.
... ... Managing photo database, including image backup and server maintenance.
Compiling and sending images to clients.
Contacting prospective clients
General Office Duties
Qualifications:
Exceptional computer technical skills in Mac OSX.
Expert in Photoshop CS5, Bridge, Acrobat, Lightroom 3 with full understanding of image formats and basic image adjustments
Strong communication and organizational skills
Self-motivated, responsible, innovative thinker, detail oriented
Ability to work in fast paced growing environment
Put the word out and please send a cover letter and resume to info@scottmarkewitz.com if you're qualified and interested in the position. Thanks!)
Yes, crazy uh?!
Well I went and interviewed.
Over a month ago.
Two days ago I got a call.
It was between me and one person.
Then yesterday I got another call.
I got the job!

Can I just say OMG!

So there you go.
Crazy what one little decision you make can change what you do in your life.
Do you think I would of regretted not going? ;)




P.S. This isn't the job in the "big city" that I was referring too.
That job isn't going to let me do both:(
Time to follow my dreams! 



2 comments:

TaylorLynott said...

This is one of the most exciting things I've heard, EVER! So stoked for you. When do you start?

indeazgirl said...

Just in case you forgot- I am STOKED for you.