Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9.11.2011

It has been 10 years.
10.
My heart still aches for that day.
I will never forget waking up turning on the TV, getting a phone call from my mom, and not leaving the TV all day for the next 3 days.

That night in the midst of the terror and sorrow I spent the evening listening to President Hinkley from Church.
Every year I have reflected on that night and the wonderful things that he said.
They, luckily are written in my journal and I turn to them every so often for strength.

On this day, 10 years later I will be thinking about those lives lost.
I will be thinking about the moments of sorrow those who were hurt have healed through.
I will be remembering the children, the parents, the firefighters, the policemen, the unsung heros, and mostly the men and women overseas who have fought for what they believe in, in protecting our country.

I am not only proud but grateful.

May we never forget.
9.11.01




No comments: