Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 19, 2011

Corners.

The thing about life that continues to amaze me it the simple fact that you never know what is going to peek out around the next corner. 
You never know what it going to shake you.
Make you happy.
Make you sad.
Make you question.

Yesterday I had one such experience.
The photo below is from 5-6ish years ago.
I, at the time was living in Provo.
The man with me in the photo I thought was it.
Go figure he wasn't.
However, to this day, is still one of my most favorite people on the planet.


Things didn't work out mostly due to questions and answers I still don't know.
I got left in an airport in Connecticut.
It was crushing.
Oddly, I forgave him in the moment it happened. 

Since then we haven't really talked.
He lives in the east.
He is married to I am sure a wonderful girl from PC.

Yesterday they showed up at my work.

Now this was the amazing thing to me.
Not that he didn't say hello.
OR the fact that they sat down, he saw me, and they left..

It was what my body did.
I shook.
My heart started racing. 
I panicked.
It was weird. 
I don't have any malice or ill wish on him.
I never have.
To be honest I don't really think of him much.
Yes, the day before I had talked to my roommate about the story of us but other than that I hadn't mentioned him in years.

Anyway. I guess this post is just to throw it out there to those of you who read.
It is unreal what our bodies/hearts/subconscious holds on to.

I guess it really makes me question the universe and the simple fact that sometimes that subconscious/spirit/ higher power etc... does know what might be just around the corner.







1 comment:

indeazgirl said...

I haven't quite forgiven him.