Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Stupid Bunny That Craps Chocolate and Gives America Diabetes."

Better late than never on the Easter post uh?
This year for Easter the Fam and I did something a little different.
We decided that since Mom and Sean don't have a kitchen (Hello remodel!) we would go out to a little place in Immigration canyon that all of us had heard about but never been too.
Apparently, Ruth's Diner was all the buzz and we picked Easter Sunday to give it a test drive along with Maria, P.K. and my friend Bama who was without family and his girlfriend.


Lucky for me I have attracted a very eclectic group of friends in to my life. Bama is one of them. One if you "Google" his real name...I'm not telling... you will get 14 pages on him. 14. Crazy.
Second. He is one of the biggest "foodies" I know. He puts Dr. BFF to shame. This little fact comes in handy when after I asked him if he wanted to join us his reply was, "Hell ya! Ruth's was featured on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives."
Who knows that off the top of their head?


Now, I am sure that you are all thinking how could we just go out to brunch and just get in? To be honest we all were expecting a 2 hour wait. Luckily if you go out to breakfast in Utah around 9 everyone and their mom is at church. We got in, sat right down, and were given these biscuits.

OMG! I have been thinking about them since that day weeks ago.


Another highlight for me was the Easter baskets.
Everyone got one.
Including Cali who was 14 and never had one before! Yes, Never. Weird.
More importantly she got her first Pez dispenser and almost leapt out of the chair with joy. It might of been one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

The other moment that might of toped that was watching P.K. eat his Nerd Rope without trying to get caught by his mom who was sitting right next to him! She has no peripheral vision so he can get away with it even with all of us sitting there! I was belly laughing the whole time at his face in most of these photos!

I will have to say that the conversation that morning was one of those times where everyone at the table just cracks up the entire time. It was one were we all were embraced with moments of sharing little bites, telling great stories, and Bama's ingenious interpretations of what Easter is. Yep, if I could remember it correctly it was this is a holiday where a "stupid bunny craps chocolate and gives America Diabeties."
Pretty much my favorite Easter quote of all time.
Pretty much a family memory I will treasure forever.
Silly bunny.

No comments: