One of the great things about living in Utah is Pictureline.
It is pretty much FAO Schawarz for big kids.
The big kids who like to take photos.
Another neat thing about this AMAZING store is that they send out emails on a regular basis for seminars, photo workshops, classes, etc. In doing this they charge you $12.50.
Not kidding.
Yes, $12.50 to get to go listen to world renound National Geographic type photographers talk about their art and adventures.
On Monday the lovely ding on my iPhone let me know that yes, I did have mail and that Picturline was having a guest seminar with Keith Ladzinski. For those of you who don't know who he is...
He is pretty freaking rad.
He has shot for Outside, The NY Times, and National Geographic just to name a few.
So for two hours I got to go and just hear about how he got in to photography, what made him choose the "extreme" outdoors, and the sports that go along with it.
It was really a neat experience.
The coolest part was getting to see a guy who wasn't much older than me just be so driven. I couldn't of guessed he was any older than early 30s and just has such a passion for what he does and what he shoots.
The funniest thing was that he really kind of reminded me of all the "snow bros" out on the hill.
I would of never guessed.
The coolest part of the night was he got me really motivated to pick up my camera and learn again. I am ready to really start pushing myself and seeing what I can come up with. I know that I have some talent with photography and I just need to trust myself to be able to get carried away with it.
2nd Best part of the night?
Pictureline gives you your $12.50 back to spend in the store.
Love those guys!








1 comment:
That's amazing!! And I totally want to be the girl in the second picture
Post a Comment