(Yep, almost 3 weeks later I am getting to it.)
Walking into my birthday weekend this year was unlike any birthday I have ever had.
If you were to tell me I was spoiled I would laugh at you but deep down inside I would know that you were right.
Lucky me I got to choose to do whatever I wanted and Jordy wanted to make it happen.
Lucky for him it worked into a little bit of a teeny work weekend that he got to get out of the way and have more fun than any other work weekend before.
I had decided that I wanted to go spend sometime in SV seeing how earlier in the year we were there overnight and I couldn't get enough. Jordy thought it would be a great idea to make a little detour and hit JH on the way.
The night in Jackson we walked around the town, saw one of Jordy's ski friends and their AMAZING
art gallery. I got a burger at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar and drank a green beer in celebration for St. Patty's Day. We had a great little appetizer hour and then the most delicious soup/dinner! If you are ever in Jackson you have to try Trio and the BLT Soup. OMG!
I had Creole Trout (not my fav) and Jordy had Buffalo Steak (what I should of ordered).
The whole dinner and atmosphere was amazing!
(Dr. BFF, food photos are solely for you.)
This mountain by far was the biggest thing I have ever seen.
I couldn't stop staying, "It's HUGE!"
Sadly I was having some boot issues and the skiing was a little tough but next year JH and I will have a rematch and even hike a little.
After skiing we were off to meet Ford-O and K-Dawg in SV.
Jordy and Ford arranged an amazing little condo for us to stay in and when we arrived we had some horderves, a few cocktails and headed into town for dinner.
They had a drink menu that made us all laugh, incredible food, and an environment that made us forget that we were in a ski town!
Can you say hello "King Salmon" poached in olive oil, served with meyer lemon risotto, baby bock choy and pomegranate. I love salmon.
Jordy... he killed it again with "Chicken Provencal" that is a roasted Sonoma breast with polenta, cranberry jus, and pine nuts. Oh it was HEAVEN!
My favorite touch was how they dropped the check at the end of dinner.. so funny!

The next day we were all proud members of the "crack of noon club." With the weather a little cloudy in the morning as my birthday weekend would have it, the sun came out perfectly for the few hours we skied later in the day!



That night was what K-Dawg and I called hot date birthday dinner night! We got decked out and had an amazing dinner at IL Naso where I could of swam in the buffalo lasagna. Seriously I could of swam laps in my dish.

That night was so much fun with my comments of, "Can I get some Sprite because...." pink champagne and this.

Not KIDDING. Not to mention so freaking funny.
You really know who your friends are when they go to the store to help you feel better!
So many memories will be held so special because of our little trip to one of my favorite places ever!

Upon coming home we got to have a little dinner with J-Train, Big John, PAT-Rice, Mom and Sean at High West which is becoming a staple of mine here in PC.
We had a very entertaining dinner and my mom gave me a necklace that I need to blog about.

At dinner that night I made a comment on how 27 was the best year of my life.
Truly it was.
Dreams came true, family moments were more frequent, close friends were reunited, and there was more love thrown at me than ever genuinely felt before. We will see what 28 has in store but I sure can not wait.
1 comment:
1. Gorgeous Condo
2. What's we me and beautiful food? (Thank you for indulging me)
3. Happy Birthday BFF.
Post a Comment