Soooo.. this blog post is a long time coming.
Almost a year actually.
To be quite honest there is a reason for that.
He and I go pretty far back and share PAT-Rice as a mutual BF. Needless to say we spend time together.
While we were out we got to talking about dating...and yes ladies he is single.... In the middle of the conversation I mentioned my blogging and he said something in the regards to, "You are always in love with someone and blogging about it."
Now, as a woman with my girlish insecurities I have, I think, because of that comment, I backed off of blogging all together. This isn't the coolest thing for me because this has been a really great tool for me to "scrapbook" my life. In turn it really made me look at how others have seen who I am "so in love with."
I don't feel that I am always that way with men. Then again... maybe I am. However, if you are a close friend of mine and know me personally you know when I am just dating someone....and you also know when they have my heart.
With that being said.
This post is almost a year coming.
In the past 10 months all over my blog you have heard me talk about Jordy and the amount of time we have spent together. We have done some amazing things together and experience highs and lows I didn't know existed.
Over time he has become my dearest bestest friend.
He really has been like no other to me.
Luckily it has only taken me almost a year to realize this man might be just my perfect other half.
Here are just a few of the reasons I REALLY L-O-V-E him so much.
1. "My Big Redneck Wedding" he openly admitted is his favorite show.
2. He lets me decorate....and appreciates it when I do.
3. He makes the best ski buddy ever. Not to mention teacher/coach when needed as well.
4. He will hang out with me on the floor with the cats and watch The Bachelor... and Jersey Shore...and Grey's...and all my dumb TV shows.
5. He will lift a 200 pound block of ice out of a cooler just to see how cool $200 worth of frozen beer will look. Who cares what happens when it melts right?!?!
6. He supports me. In everything. Literally everything.
7. He doesn't judge anyone.
8. He loves his family...and mine most days.
9. He is a "Do-er" as my mom says. He just goes and does and is so driven all the time.
10. He is the biggest kid I know.
11. He thinks... yes thinks.. he is funny! ;)
12. When this happened he took the best care of me.
13. He shows me how to make "working" fun.
14. He loves my friends...Actually, he loves people and relationships. He really treasures what he has in them and who individual people are.
15. If you ask him to dress up for anything. He will!
16. He is so passionate about the things he loves and wants me to share them with me.
17. He is the most handyman I know...next to Sean... but seriously I mean remember what he did here?
18. He really goes out of his way to make me feel special.
19. He is the best "Uncle Jordy" I know.
20. And lastly (for this post) He just makes me feel so loved all the time.
There are days it is hard, as for everyone, but most days he is the happiest most loving, thoughtful person I know. He would give his shirt off his back for anyone.
I didn't know if I would ever get here, to this place with someone in my life. Yes, mostly due to my own crazy thoughts and insecurities but I am glad I have. We/I have had a few major obstacles to overcome with some of our differences relating to our dating and I am overjoyed that I have. We have a good friend who told me that, "You, Bridget are and old soul and you need someone like Jordy to keep you young and grounded. He unlike most men, maybe your age, can handle you." Yes, that can be taken a few ways but he meant it in the most loving way possible.
This morning as I sit next to the fire sipping my coffee, Jordy is in SLC working his butt off. I woke up this morning to us laughing at jokes from the night before. It was one of those mornings that I really love the little things about us... even in the hard times.
He is a wonderful man.
It still amazes me that he loves me the way he does.
I am so lucky and honored that he is the man that stands beside me.
Love you babe.
Thank you for being my rock and somedays not letting me slip down the "fall line."















1 comment:
I wanted you to date Jordy after reading your headboard post when you first posted it, he sounds like an amazing person and I am so happy you have found happiness. I love you Bridgee-baby
Post a Comment