Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Lover's Holiday. Pft.

Can I just say that I love Valentine's Day for two reasons.
1. I love pink.
2. It is now my favorite excuse to have dinner parties.

No joke.

This year Jordy and I decided that we would screw going out to dinner and doing V-Day conventionally.
He was watching T.V. and said that most restaurants have a special menu and raise prices and it just was a little cliche.
Soo I recommended we throw a V-Day dinner party with some friends.
By doing this I also got to check something off my bucket list. "Host a dinner party!"
I was beyond excited.
Lucky us the guest list included.
Two who are a couple. J-Train and PAT-Rice.


Then two friends who had nothing going on the we just love.
Fordo and K-Dawg.
(Yes, I have nicknames for everyone and I love it.)


I decorated in true Bridget style and everyone else pitched in where we asked.
(Thank you for now the 6 bottles of pink champagne we have in our fridge.)


The dinner included PAT-Rice's Salmon... oh yeah... roasted red potatoes, parmasean asparagus, and garlic bread that had more butter on it then known to man.
We drank lovely bottles of red and white wines accompanied with pink... yes pink champagne.
For dessert I included Hersey Kisses, (FOR YOU J-MONEY!)

Circus Animal cookies, and Jordy got heart shaped cheesecakes!
After dinner Mom and Sean stopped by for a little nightcap and their V-Day photo taken.


The Valentine I gave to the girls was posting a funny red and pink back drop for a V-Day photo that they could put in these red frames I got them.
Needless to say they some of them turned out hysterically.





I have to say it was one of the more fun evenings I have had in a long time. There is nothing like being with close friends to just hang with, eat good food, and share so good laughs with or at!


It was also really exciting for me because even though Jordy gave me my Valentine a few weeks early (he can't keep secrets like that he gets to excited) he also surprised me with this!
(I have now come to find out it was more for him and his love of cookies than for me ;)
So cool right?


Jordy and I are thinking this is going to become a February 14th Tradition.
After all the love in the room why not right?



Hopefully you can join us next year we would love to have you!

1 comment:

indeazgirl said...

I'm a lame friend. Sorry it took me so long to comment on this- I did read it a long time ago.
And it looks like an AMAZING party. It reminds me a little of someone's 29th birthday party. A little.
Except for the background picture-taking thing.
WHICH IS AWESOME.
Nice job.
Happy belated Valentine's Day. :-)