Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Waldorf.

Among all of the cool things that I am getting to do in my life going to the Waldorf is at the top of my list.
A week and a half ago I made a few runs down Alta with this guy.
Well actually, that is a lie. Leo skied, I tomahawked.
Not kidding.
Seeing how a few months ago I was in a neck brace the whole head-over-heels-flying out of my skis-roll down the mountain was not fun.
Nor was stopping in front of one of the biggest up and coming skiiers in the world.
Thank you Alta and the BBR Demo tour.

Nearly a week after my show stopping fall I was still in major pain mostly in my neck and relentlessly complained to Jordy about it. After what I think was the point where he had had enough of my winning he told me to book a massage.
I didn't take this lightly.
I didn't want to go to the spa I had been to previously due to the fact that I could hear what was going on in the room next to me and the second choice to Jordy and I was booked.
What was the next thing to come to my mind?
The Waldorf Astoria!
The Golden Door Spa!
(Naturally right?)
It was one of the coolest things I had ever done. Not to mention in one of the most beautiful.
places I think I have ever been in.
Not only did I get a wonderful massage but I also took home a blanket I haven't been able to not sleep with.
The next chance I get I am going back!
Did I mention I also get the "locals discount!"

Not that you are all asking but yes, I took photos in the spa.
Creepy yes.
But that is ok.

1 comment:

indeazgirl said...

I would be so all over this. Shocker, I know. As soon as I get up there....