I love the fair.
I always have.
When you grow up going to the Benton Franklin County Fair you just do.
A few of my fondest childhood/teen memories revolve around the fair.
They also include the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band but that is another story.
Last year I made it a point to do a photo project at the State fair here in Utah.
This year I just thought it would be fun to go.
I didn't have an agenda just wanted to go and be apart of the festivities.
I also must say this will be the last year with the Utah State Fair.
It's just not the same anymore...
Regardless of the atmosphere and desire to go, my friend Brandon (who hasn't been to the fair in years) and I had another idea.
Me -"Let's see how much fair food we can eat?"
Him - "Ok you are on!"
Me - "Have you ever had funnel cake?"
Him - "No, that is the first on the list."
How dumb am I?
First. We drank.
Then we ate.
Yes, thank you Polynesian-cookout-turkey leg-pig-booth.
This was our first food stop.
As we dined on our first course we were nothing but entertained by the side show happening to the left of the booth.
Can you see?
Sea Lions.
Yep.
At the fair.
I was flabbergasted.
Not just because of the animals but the idea that there are people in the world who thought it would be a great idea/way to make a living by touring around the country with a sea lion show! It blows my mind.
Somedays I question myself and what I am doing.
This was not one of those days or moments.
After our entertainment retired it was on to desert.
Bring on the funnel cake!
(I must say even looking at this picture makes me want to throw up.)
It was a Bavarian cream with chocolate sauce and whip cream and Brandon loved it.
I didn't think it was anything special.
Especially nothing worth the $8.00 on but hey you got to do it once in your life.
Next we were in search for these beauties.
How how I love friend Oreos.
Except these ones.
I think it had to do with the fact that this batch was the last of the night and who knows how long they had been sitting under the heating lamp.
They were chewy.
And gross.
Huge disappointment.
You can pretty much tell this by the look on Brandon's face in this picture.
Believe it or not after this we thought it would be a good idea to get ice cream afterwards.
(There was a bet involved that constituted a "mixed" cone... No such thing at Micky D's and I won.. nothing of value just pride.)
I will say that I had the worst stomach ache ever.
EVER.
I once was paid $5 bucks to eat a large spoon full of carmel and that stomach ache was a breeze compared to this!
The next morning I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a truck.
Never again.
The fair trip of 2010 was painful but memorable.
Never again will I have the desire to eat the much crap at any fair.
Ever.
On a side note.
On the way down to the SLC a rock hit Brandon's windshield.
Have you ever seen a window look like this?
We defiantly got a little bit of an adrenaline rush from the "little" pebble.








1 comment:
That funnel cake looks like the best I've ever seen. Cute boy.
Mint fried Oreos are the best.
Post a Comment