Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 23, 2010

Le Tour De Craziness

If there were words to really describe how I felt about this weekend I would write them here.
Since there are none, I will just show you the madness!

This is what I thought my weekend might look like.
Yes, the babies sleeping on my bed.
I believe they think it is their bed and not mine.
Sometimes it is kind of rude.

Instead of daydreaming I got to see good ol' Fundy.

His latest band Lydia (who's music I do like a bit) came through to the SLC on their farewell tour and I got to see what it is like to be a kinda rockstar.


I had no idea his band was such a big deal!
It was also so great to see such a great ol' friend from the PHX.
Just like J'Money I met Matt one day and immediately said, "Hi, I am Bridget and you are going to be my friend because I think I would like you."
Apparently almost two years later it worked.


Needless to say I got all access "VIP" treatment and got to spend some time with Matty while he was traveling all across the country.
Pretty great way to spend part of my Friday night.

Key WORD = Part.
Somehow after that I attempted to go home and ended up at work.
Not working of course but still there!
I was however excited to see that I got to hang out with my boss "Tang" (grey shirt) and our dear friend "Boyle" or "Bunny."
Bunny is getting deployed and is some type of "jump out of plane special ops officer in the Army" and is headed out soon.
He will be on our thoughts until his safe return home please keep him in yours as well.

Finally at the end of the night I ended up at a new friends house who's celling looked like this...


NOT KIDDING.
AND NO, HE ISN'T A BIG TIM BURTON FAN.
I am still amazed at this three days later!

Saturday.

Have you ever been to a pro cycling race?
If you haven't you should go.
They are insane.
This weekend the Park City leg of the Tour of Utah was held on Saturday on Main Street.
This part of the tour included the cyclists climbing a figure 8 around Main something like 45 times in about 90 min.
(I loose my breath walking up it once.)

Not only were they climbing but then they were taking corners at the bottom of Swede Ally at 40 mph. To hear and see these guys blew my mind and gave me a whole new appreciation of cycling around the world.

In the picture below is the main group battling a climb up main.
They man in the yellow in the top left of the pic is the guy who one.
His name is Levi Leipheimer and apparently finished 4th in Le Tour de France two years ago and 10th this year.
(Obviously I had some learning to do.)
Regardless these men are all studs and I was completely amazed!

Above is Jordy (who had to teach me everything that day) enjoying our VIP tent treatment and my new friends Christin and Chris.
This couple made me laugh my head off all day.
Take note to the bell hanging from Chris's pants.

After the race they all decided to go to Easy Street for dinner and I had the best dinner I had had in months.

Lobster Mac and Cheese...

and Pork Chops.

It was absolutely divine and my taste buds danced in my mouth the rest of the night.

I do have videos to show you all from dinner that every time I watch make me pee my pants but blogger is having a hard time uploading them.
Soon.
Hopefully I will get one more good fun weekend in before summer is long gone.


1 comment:

indeazgirl said...

1. Love Fundy's b&w rockstar pictures
2. Tang is pretty
3. The bike race looks total park city. Love it.
4. Ceiling. Very cool.
5. Food. Well I love food. I'm sure I would have loved that. I've always have kind of disappointing lobster mac & cheese so it would have been good to have a nice one.