If you were going to tell me what was to come the year and a half after this picture was taken... I would never belive you.
For the past week I have been M.I.A.
And for the past week this sweet man has taken better care of me than I could have ever imagined.
You see,
about a month ago I found out something was a little wrong with me...
(Yes.. more than the mental problems! ;)
I then found out that I needed to have surgery..
and not a little surgery..
a big one...
to fix it.
At that moment in time I was beyond terrified.
I was scared about what was to happen,
and how I was going to get through it.
Well,
about a week after that,
I called Brad in one of my many moments of hysteria because he is my BFF and in that phone call I heard,
"Bridget, don't worry I was already planning on being at your door on Sunday morning."
Two weeks later.
He was.
And.
He was here by my side all last week through it all.
And I couldn't be more grateful.
Today was the first day since my surgery all by myself.
At about 11 this morning I broke down.
I didn't realize how much Brad did for me while I was here.
Here is just a tiny list...
- Made me every meal I ate for 8 days straight.
- Did the dishes.-
- Fluffed my pillows.
-Made me a rice bag.
-Cleaned out my "babies" litter box.
-Made blankets for my mom.
- Managed my meds.
- Had water by my bed constantly.
- Froze.
-Gave me massages with the Icy Hot on my knots.
- Helped me get dressed.
-Drove hundreds of miles carefully.
-Delt with my crazy fears while driving.
-Played with my hair while I cried.
and
- Told me I was beautiful constantly even though I felt like I was dying.
I could never be more grateful for someone and their love for me.
I don't know what I would of done without him last week.
I know that I have mentioned this more than once on my blog here,
but, I really do have the best friends anyone could ask for.
So.
Brad,
You are the most wonderful man a girl could ask for.
You risked quite a bit by taking the time off to be here for me and I will never be able to thank you enough.
I will forever be indebted.
And...
you are going to make some girl very lucky one day.
For that woman, will have the best husband anyone could ask for.
I know this because this week I saw what is to come for you.
Thank you a million times over.
Love you.
Bridge








5 comments:
I'm coming back! Tomorrow! Done.
xoxoxo
Ohhhh this was heartwarming. I'm glad you're okay honey. I love you!
He does have an excellent nuturing side that brother of mine....
Awww! Good man Brad!! If I have surgery will he do the same for me??
i have one of these! love him. and i'm so glad you had someone with you - wish i could help :(
Post a Comment