But sometimes it is those little things that do make all of the difference.
Today I had a long day and was faced with a big decision:
1. Leave the place I love to do what I love
or
2. Stay where I love and sacrifice what I love.
Fun uh?
Upon that big debate I was also struggling with some health stuff, PMS, and a slight frustration of men at auto shops trying to jip me among other things today.
Needless to say most of my day was spent in frustration... don't get me wrong yes, I do appreciate the ability to be frustrated and feel alive... but the old addage was sure spot on today!
When it rains... it pours.
Moving on later into the evening... I had remembered that when I got home tonight Gus had told me that there was a package from Brad and a card from Christin waiting for me at my door.
Knowing the card was for Arian's bridal shower I went to the package.
Brad and I have many "things" we share. Seeing how we dated and are now BFFs that happens.
Interestingly enough I didn't expect anything in the mail from him. He and I also both share the inability to keep our mouths shut about surprises! Pondering on what it could be in this little box I shook it... Felt like CD's.mmmm.
We both have watched "How I Met Your Mother" together into the early morning hours for the past year on more than one ocassion. Sadly, after I moved away this all changed. Last season, (season 4) pretty much ended when I was no longer in Phoenix and had no one to watch it with. Knowing this Brad had downloaded all of the shows to get himself caught up... Oddly this is what I thought
was in the box.
To my surprise... it was CDs yes, and 3 BAGS OF COCONUT M&Ms!!!
(I have looked everywhere... LITERALLY for the past two weeks and everywhere in Utah is out!)
Today I had a conversation with someone about "things." I was explaining that people are always more important than things.... but tonight... I might have under estimated my words!
That was the tiniest sweetest thing anyone has done for me in so long.
Christin, thank you for not accidentally telling me you guys actually did find them!
Bradley John, thank you so much for being the best friend a girl could ask for.
You more than anyone I have ever met have the greatest ability to make someone feel so special even when they are hundreds of miles away!
If I could I would of grabbed your sweet face and made you "Kiss Me Through The Phone."
See you both in a few days! Mmmuuaah!
Today I had a long day and was faced with a big decision:
1. Leave the place I love to do what I love
or
2. Stay where I love and sacrifice what I love.
Fun uh?
Upon that big debate I was also struggling with some health stuff, PMS, and a slight frustration of men at auto shops trying to jip me among other things today.
Needless to say most of my day was spent in frustration... don't get me wrong yes, I do appreciate the ability to be frustrated and feel alive... but the old addage was sure spot on today!
When it rains... it pours.
Moving on later into the evening... I had remembered that when I got home tonight Gus had told me that there was a package from Brad and a card from Christin waiting for me at my door.
Knowing the card was for Arian's bridal shower I went to the package.
Brad and I have many "things" we share. Seeing how we dated and are now BFFs that happens.
Interestingly enough I didn't expect anything in the mail from him. He and I also both share the inability to keep our mouths shut about surprises! Pondering on what it could be in this little box I shook it... Felt like CD's.mmmm.
We both have watched "How I Met Your Mother" together into the early morning hours for the past year on more than one ocassion. Sadly, after I moved away this all changed. Last season, (season 4) pretty much ended when I was no longer in Phoenix and had no one to watch it with. Knowing this Brad had downloaded all of the shows to get himself caught up... Oddly this is what I thought
was in the box.
To my surprise... it was CDs yes, and 3 BAGS OF COCONUT M&Ms!!!
(I have looked everywhere... LITERALLY for the past two weeks and everywhere in Utah is out!)
Today I had a conversation with someone about "things." I was explaining that people are always more important than things.... but tonight... I might have under estimated my words!
That was the tiniest sweetest thing anyone has done for me in so long.
Christin, thank you for not accidentally telling me you guys actually did find them!
Bradley John, thank you so much for being the best friend a girl could ask for.
You more than anyone I have ever met have the greatest ability to make someone feel so special even when they are hundreds of miles away!
If I could I would of grabbed your sweet face and made you "Kiss Me Through The Phone."
See you both in a few days! Mmmuuaah!





3 comments:
so sweet...the candy literally I suppose. Friends are great. See you in 3 weeks?
xoxoxo
As much as I wanted them to get there sooner, I'm really glad that they happened to make it there that day.
It's always nice too when all you have to do is buy some M&M's to let someone know that you love them.
So they didn't melt? I wondered.
Wasn't the invitation awesome?
Aren't you awesome?
Love you.
Wherever you decide to go to school.
See you so soon!
Post a Comment