Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Weekend De La Carbiener!

I love it when people come to visit. I love it even more when Christin comes.

This past weekend was such a blast and we both had more fun then we knew what to do with!

Here is a little glimpse.

For her side of the story go HERE!

SATURDAY!


One of my favorite things about Christin is... the girl will pretty much do anything. (Within reason) She is the type of girl that will go with the flow and love whatever you end up with. It cracks me up really and that is one quality I desperately need to obtain.

After I picked her up at the airport I figured she would love to go to the SLC Farmer's Market just as much as I would. If you live in Utah and haven't been you need to go! (Here is their webpage... check it out and maybe you can go to the next one with me!) We both were in awe of all of the homemade gifts, the crafts, the tye dye,(see pic... and my friends think that I am bad with loving tye dye!Ha) and the food!





This was our very first stop! Which of course has Polly's name all over it!
And here you see Christin waiting in line to actually buy Polly a wedding present! Love it!


Can't go to a Farmer's Market with out some cash-ola!







This was one of our favorite parts! "Bike Parking" Gotta love mountain towns!




One of the best parts of the day was the parking! In downtown, there are a million places to park. But if you pay $2 at the Western Nut Company you get to park very close and get a coupon for $5 off anything in the store! Needless to say we also left with "Luscious Lemonade," salt water taffy, and golden raisins! (Which apparently according to Christin are very very hard to find and are sort of "ritzy")



Then as Christin had mentioned we had lunch at Wasatch Brew Pub with Gus... which I have noticed has become somewhat of a staple to bring my friends to when they come to town! So fun!

Another great thing about the Brew Pub is that they have a deck that sits up top of main street. Here you get to gaze at beautiful men and their mountian dogs such as this one! (Sadly after this pic he lit up a cigarette and made us both want to barf! I hate it when hot men are dumb!)




It was also a great day to be up on Main Street becasuse it was PC's 125th Birthday and there were awesome bands rocking out all day! This one was my fave.. their name was Swagger and they were Irish and wore kilts!! Mmmm.. delish!




Next Stop: MARY JANE'S
I have been dying to bring here her since I showed J-Money this little shop weeks ago! I knew she would just love it!





And she totally did!
She loved everything about it! Including the dressing rooms!





She even loved the framed pitcures of the "Dead Barbies" behind us! Needless to say we left with tons of fun stuff including my new favorite item in my closest! Christin got purple ones... I got yellow! Can someone say Merry Christmas?


After a brief stop at the Sugarbuzz for cupcakes (see Christin's blog) we were headed home to get ready to go to Provo for a hot date night...which is funny cause it ended up being insanely crazy and hysterical at the same time!

This pic kills me! She sure knows how to attack when shopping!!!!



SATURDAY Night!


Welcome to Orem days... and the rain that almost ruined our night! Funny enough I had kind of scheduled a double date for the evening and told Ryan (my date) to find a boy... and make the plans. He did find a boy (who flaked! Thanks Pete) and didn't really make any plans. So we went with what we had! Luckily Ry called an old friend Cameron. (Who used to be my neighboor in Santa B in Provo years ago.. who I also haven't seen in almost 2 1/2 years!) He showed up and they both mentioned that another group of our friends were at the Orem days festival and that we should come meet them so we did. Then it down poured and we went with a backup but not with out some rosted corn first!

After an amazing dinner at The Foundry Girll up at Sundance we went home to indulge on the cupcakes we had gotten earlier that day... sadley they were a grand dissapointmet... but these pics of Christin totaly make up for it!
All in all we dominated Saturday and had a blast. To top it off at the end of the night Ryan's roommate came down wearing this t-shirt and we could not stop ourselves from laughing and wishing J-Money was there with us! That is what it is about really right? Loving your friends so much that you wish you could share everything with them? Glad I got to share that day with her!

2 comments:

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

I think I need to come visit you soon...

indeazgirl said...

LOVE IT!!! I love the cupcake pics...and the LA pic...ok...I love them all!!