Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mi Casa es Mi Hotel

So Christin mentioned in her last blog post I lived in a hotel. Well yes, it is true I do live in a hotel.

Here is the story:

In April when I decided that I was going to move to Park City I immediately went to Craigslist to see what postings were listed for places to rent. In the process I found a little studio with adorable hard wood floors, crown molding, vaulted ceilings, and a perfect little view of the mountain. At first glance I feel in love. I picked up the phone, called the property manager, and within 10 minutes had filled out the application for what would hopefully soon be my new home.

Then I got the news.

I had lost the apartment to a couple who agreed to lease the place longer than I was willing too. (I at the time didn't want to stick myself in a place and in a new town I wasn't absolutely positive I wanted to be in long term) Luckily, (or so I thought) the property manager said that he had another place just like the first and that I could have it at the same price for the lease period I wanted! How lucky I thought I was! So I got on the phone and called Gus. Gus is a long time Argentinian friend who is basically my big brother. I being a little weary wanted a second opinion and asked him to go over and check the place out. He called an hour later and said, "It's fine." (This is where I should of gotten a little more inquisitive with his response.)

Being excited and indulging in some self gratification I transferred my deposit and first month's rent with in hours of getting off the phone and had a little place of my own in Park City!

What a different story it was when I got here!

I don't know how this place works but I found out upon arriving that I had just signed a lease to live in an old hotel room.... in an existing hotel! How does that work?!?! Yay for vacation towns! So ladies and gentlemen who have been dying to see where I live... here you go!




Here is a little peak in to my bathroom! Don't hate on the pink. I am only going to get to smother everything in pink for so long....















Part of the closet/Vanity.

















This my front and only door!


















This is my guest bed/real bed/ couch!







AND last but not least here is looking in at the other side of my apartment! Books, arts and crafts, desk...etc.



There you have it!

I do live in a old hotel room and I can't really complain. I don't have to pay utilities. I have all the hot water I could ever dream of. I have a front desk in case a friend forgets their toothbrush at home and needs one. I have a vending machine and an ice machine at my disposal. There you have it! I would love for any of you to come stay with me anytime... Just remember Mi Casa es Mi Hotel!

3 comments:

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

LOVE IT!!

Deanna said...

I'm coming! Can I reserve a spot in August?
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

so stinking cool.

i'm jealous