Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 8, 2009

THCPD...Plus a Few Updates.

So I mentioned I was going to find the quotes my Bishop used... well I emailed him (and the whole ward) and he sent them to me! Here you are!

President Ezra Taft Beson said,"It is not just the the Book of Mornon teaches us truth, though it does that. It is not just that the Book of Mormon bears testimony of Christ, thought it indeed does that, too. But there is something more. There is a power in the book which will begin to flow into your lives the moment you begin a serious study of the book. You will find greater pwer to resist temptation. You will find the power to avoid deception. You will find the power to stay on the strait and narrow path. The scriptures are called "the words of life" (See D&C 84:85) and nowhere is that more true than it is of the Book of Mormon. When you begin to hunger and thirst after those words you will find life in greater and greater abundance."
(The Book of Mormon, Keystone of Our Religion)

Elder Neil L. Anderson said: "Challenges, difficulties, questions, doubts-these are part of our mortality. But we are not alone. As disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, we have enormous spiritual reservoirs of light and truth available to us. Fear and faith cannot coexist in our hearts at the same time. In our days of difficulty, we choose the road of faith. Jesus said, "Be not afraid, only believe' (See Mark 5:28)
"Through the years we take these important spiritual steps over and over again. We begin to see that 'he that receiveth light, and continueth in the perfect day' (See D&C 50:24). Our questions and doubts are resolved or become less concerning to us. Our faith becomes simple and pure. We come to know what we already knew."
(You Know Enough, CR October 2008)


ALSO

Randi Martin (formally known as Olsen) informed me that if she hadn't taken Matt out to dinner for his birthday we would of never met. This people is a very true statement. So Randi here is your public acknowledgment for helping me find one of my BFFS! Thanks Babe! ;)


AND


I didn't get to tell you all how wonderful Break the Fast was! AAAAHHH---MAZING! I have was in awe and my tummy could barely handle it all. The spinich dip was the BEST I have ever had. And Jake, John, and Amy did the best job of makeing it beautiful and serving it so wonderfully! I was so full I couldn't even eat but two bites of my MUD PIE! Which if you know me well, you know that that is my favorite dessert of all time! Hats off to them three!

So there you have it! Happy Week Everyone!

1 comment:

Randi Kay said...

Haha! Thanks for the acknowledgment! Now I can sleep peacefully....
When do we get to play?