Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Pork, Internet, Provo, and Beef Jerky

PORK
As previously posted... My Ward Rocks!

Something that I have yet to experience in our ward is the much anticipated "Break the Fast." If you need to know what this is or our last month's menu click here.
Needless to say, I am extremely excited for dinner tomorrow night! I am also very grateful for Amy for going through all of this work to make is so amazing.... This is an email and a few pictures that I have received about what we get to feast on tomorrow night!!!

Hi Everyone,

I am really excited about this month's Break the Fast as we will be
honoring the "other white meat"--Pork.
Being that "go big or go home" is one of the motto's of our ward, I've
decided that we're going for it...and smoke a whole pig. In addition
to our succulent smoked pig we will be having:

  • Hot Spinach, Cheese and Bacon Dip spinach, artichokes, shallots, bacon, garlic and a mixture of cheeses with homemade tortilla chips
  • Thai-Pork Lettuce Wraps marinated and thinly sliced pork tenderloin, bean sprouts, coconut rice noodles, cucumbers, bell peppers, mint and basil with sweet & spicy peanut sauce
  • Smoked Ham and Bacon Sandwiches with melted Swiss & Cranberry-Thyme Jelly on Sweet Potato BiscuitsChocolate
  • BBQ Pulled Pork with Fried Bacon-Cheddar Mashers and Sweet Chile Cornbread
  • Mud Pie chocolate-almond ice cream, hot fudge, oreo cookie crust

Hope you all can make it! It's this Sunday, June 7, at the Bishops
house on Silver Cloud Drive in Park Meadows, right after church.

Amy Taylor




Can you believe these two sent these to the whole ward! I just love it!!!







INTERNET

So for the past few weeks I haven't been using the internet at the library or my house...(for obvious reasons)and well we also remember that I really couldn't use the internet at my house because it never... NEVER worked. Oddly enough the internet gods decided to embrace me with their presence yet once again!!! Needless to say I have been happily back on facebook, blogstalking, and surfing the web beyond and not limited to the hours between 10am-9pm!

PROVO

Last night was much needed.

A few days ago in the midst of my small crisis I got a text/fb from a longtime not so close friend Ryan. The funny thing about Ryan is that he and I lived in the same complex when I lived in Provo, were in the same ward, have all of the similar friends, and have done/been at a ton of the same activities and never really had a chance
to connect on a more friend or personal level.
Proof being this photo! Here we both are at opposite ends of the table!
That is until last night! He casually asked if I wanted to comedown and do something, I said yes, and was stoked!


Let me tell you... Provo will always have a special place in my heart. Spending so many years there and the connections I have in the little city will always give me millions of memories to reflect on. Just driving into Provo out of the canyon I can't help but reminisce over longboarding down the canyon, the tons of dinners at Happy Sumo, and the homeless guy that never fails you at being seen sitting at the busstop reading the paper. I am happy that I am currently not living in Provo... but I will never say that it isn't really a part of me.

Moving on! So I get to Ryan's house only to meet his roommate who is somewhat crabby, complains of a fever, and shows me his elbow which looks like this:

*Note: Not the actual elbow... thank you Google*

I then pick up the phone, call Christin, and ask her what you really need to do for staph.... I then told him to go to the hospital and Ryan and I headed out for dinner!

On the way Ryan says, "Well I was thinking P.F. Changs." I then replied, "Sounds great." The joke here was a little bit on Ryan... Most of you know about my work history. (For those of you who don't know I worked at P.F. Changs for about 4 years, 3 of which were in Provo.) Walking through those glass doors was quite a trip! It was also a trip to see at least 5 people still there that I had worked with close to three years ago! We sat down and Dave (former kid I actually trained!) took care of us! We ended up having a wonderful dinner and talking each other's ear's off! As we were slowing down we got to talking about Matt.

Matt= One of my best friends.
= a person who I love and adore.
= I believe the only person who can really tell me anything I don't want to hear about and I won't take it the wrong way.
= A fellow lover of the outdoors.
= reason I have so many wonderful memories in Provo.
= the reason I also have both Braizer and J-Rosh in my life.
= reason I became involved in Kaiizen
= person I am so proud of becasue he just got in to Purdue for his MBA!
= really sad he is leaving again, but so happy for him nonetheless!

The reason Matt came up was because we actually met at Chang's. I happened to be his waitress and that is where it all started. Sooo then Ryan decided to text him and see what he was up to. Oddly enough Matt and Rachel (his so cute gf) were across the table from us in 10 minutes and there we were eating, reminising, and laughing our heads off!

A little after 11:00 we realized how late it was and how we all needed to get going... On the way home Ryan and I couldn't believe we had been at the table that long and how quick time had passed! We all really enjoyed oursleves and I must say it was one of the best dinners with some of the best company I have had in a little while!

and... BEEF JERKY

Let me ask this question... WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

I rember being a kid my brother Brandon loved beef jerky. I always though that is smelled like dead cow! (Ha!) Thinking this I never ate it. I never felt the desire to try it and I certainly wasn't happy when he would love to buy it and devour it on long car trips. The funny thing about this is that I don't ever remember eating it untill about 2 months ago when Pickles and I attempted our camping trip. He had got some for protein for the Grand Canyon and since then I have found that this is truly a new love of my life! Now everytime I am at the store I can't help myself... the worst part about it all is that really... who pays almost $6.00 a bag for dried beef! Let alone who pays it more than once.....

3 comments:

indeazgirl said...

PORK-
Those pictures are so killer gross. Wow.
INTERNET-
You just put it out there in the universe...
PROVO/RYAN-
What an awesome night. What cute boys. How awesome that you could all hang out. That sounds so great....
So glad I take care of abscesses all the time at work.
BEEF JERKY-
Also recently bought due to the abs diet situation. Also love. Did you know that my uncle used to kinda work at King B? I ate a lot of jerky during that time period. But who knew there was organic? Sounds like an oxymoron, but whatever.

Deanna said...

awesome feast. Can I join your ward?
Miss those kids! and I heart Matt Olsen.
Beef Jerky rocks my world...but makes my jaw hurt.
love you
xoxoxo
ps keep the blog. change is good.

Randi Kay said...

Hey, I was there too when you met Matt. Maybe if it wasn't for me wanted to go out to eat with my brother, you never would have met him! :)