The funny things about these events is that 99% of the time they are usually a potluck with designated themes such as "Mexican night" or "Southern Homemade BBQ Night." Being the savvy young adults that we are most of the time there is way to much of one item... such as beans.. and not enough of an important ingredient like meat for the burritos or tacos. This always happens despite the fact that there is always a sign up sheet that is passed around with items and designated amounts for each to bring. Another great fact about "Break the Fast" is that because we are Mormon... there is always more than enough dessert. You are always guaranteed mud pie to brownies, to cookies to an upside down cake. Sometimes our desserts make up for what our dinner lacked.
Knowing this information and having sustained it for the past 8 years you can't imagine my surprise when I got a phone call from Chip stating this is what our menu included for "Break the Fast" this weekend and that our dinners are always "Off the hook."
- Roasted Tomato-Basil Bruschetta with Garlic Crostini
- Grilled Chicken, Grape and Toasted Walnut Salad with Sweet Balsamic Dressing
- Mama's Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs with Homemade Marinara and Gorgonzola Sauces
- Olive-Parmesan Bread
- Banana Caramel Tiramasu
- Italian Doughnuts with Nutella Filing
This now means I don't get to go to church... and now I have to plan something to make for dinner.t
Hopefully we will get to only postpone this amazing "Break the Fast" till the weekend after. I am so excited and really I haven't had a meal like that since the Carbiener's last fed me. Peanut Butter and Jelly switched off with Grilled Cheeses are starting to get a little old.
I guess the only way to get my revenge is to thrown some ham in on that grilled cheese... Take that Wilbur and Babe and thanks for ruining my one opportunity for a decent meal.





1 comment:
the swines!!
xoxoxo
Post a Comment