Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 15, 2009

Public Humiliation

Humiliation (also called stultification) is the abasement of pride, which creates mortification or leads to a state of being humbled or reduced to lowliness or submission. It can be brought about through bullying, intimidation, physical or mental mistreatment or trickery, or by embarrassment if a person is revealed to have committed a socially or legally unacceptable act.

So.... today I got a small does of humiliation. Not a super big one...but a little one.

One of my old roommates... whom I think is a shrew and not a good person decided to "call me out" via Facebook wall post today. (She also told me to blog about what I do wrong... so here I am just to throw it all out there twice today!) In doing so she kinda got me thinking.

I am really good at not being such a good person sometimes, and according to her (and my mom) I also am a victim and a liar. I have sat on this most of today and both of them equally are right in some circumstances!

How do I fix this part of myself? And why do we as humans or I do these things? I know that we all have our pitfalls and our struggles but why lie and be mean? What is it in me that does this? What am I trying to get out of it?

The funny thing is in this situation it is over rent. I owe her rent and she owes me cable and my lame aaa didn't put a check in the mail for well over a month. But, the ironic part is that I did about a week ago and I also put a package in the mail for Christin and neither people have gotten either. The funny part is now I hope that one of them never gets it. Which then leads me back to being not a nice person and not caring either! Given I have not meant it to drag out like this but she also had called me at 12:30 am her time which is an hour later my time (HELLO SLEEPING!!!) and then remarks that I am not answering the phone or calling her back!

Furthermore, in the past I have intentionally lied numerous times. (Latley I realized that I do so cause I am really embaressed about the choices I have made in my life and pretty shameful about them as well) I also have been mean and have done a ton of things I shouldn't of. So here is the problem. Now I have finally started to put my life back in order and start to make things right and here I have a person who I haven't intentionally tried to screw over and yet I have... but now I don't even want to make it right because she took it to a level that was tacky and waaaayyy wrong.... but in some respect felt it was the right thing to do.

So today I learned a lesson. One, don't be facebook friends with people that you really don't respect and don't care about... cause chances are they feel the same about you. Two, I really need to work on not being a victim and get over all the crappy things in my past. Three, I really need to be more honest. She is pissed cause I said I would do something (which I am usually good about) and I have just wwaaayy later than I should.... and I need to be more honest in general. Lastly, I really need to just be a better person in general.

So friends I need your help. Call me out (in private) and please also help me. I know that I do have a somewhat "pissy" side and also a kinda mean side. But I want to be better and the reason I am friends with most of you is becasue you do make me better and I do want to be more like you all.

I am also sorry for the wrongs I have done, lies I have told, hurt feelings I have caused and moments I have had that have not been my best.... Please forgive me.

So yay for public humiliation and getting a dose of a well needed learning experience today!

I guess we really do even have some of the crappy things to be grateful for!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

????"I really need to just be a better person in general" . . . WTF

I know, "Watch your mouth".

But seriously WTF!

Gus

Deanna said...

We're here on this earth to learn.
One thing I have learned:
There are things that are ok to say outloud and some things you need think about before sharing. Like saying bad things about another person or how badly you were treated...or whatever. Because in the end lots of people have it worse and you realize your situation was super little but seemed super big in your head. We all make mistakes. Get over and don't do em again. And forgive others if they do the same. Life is good. Love you!
xoxoxo

indeazgirl said...

Oh bridge, please, we all do stupid stuff. And we all need to be better people. But rarely do we not know what that stuff is, and rarely do we need to call our friends out on it. You have a million awesome qualities and that's what really matters.

Matt, Diana and E-Man said...

Oh Bridget...I believe that this was not needed ;). The past is the past. Live for the moment and the future and be happy with who you are....which is an incredibly lovely and wonderful person. A wise woman once told me, "you have come so far and grown so much you should be nothing but proud of yourself for the woman you have become! Life is about learning and that is all we really can do about our pasts and mistakes! Just learn from them!".

xoxo
Diana