Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, May 22, 2009

Who Would of Thought...

I'd find the man of my dreams on a ward camping trip!

I mean really... of all people... ME?

If you were to tell me two months ago that I was going to meet the man that I was going to spend the rest of forever with in this way I would of laughed in your face.

So world here is the love of my life!
And here goes our story.

So a few weeks ago Brandon happened upon my Sunday school class I was teaching at church. The miracle about this is that I am not a Sunday school teacher. You see, the Sunday school president Brad (whom we all adore and love) was also in charge of planning and heading up the committees for the Moab trip and, in my eyes looked swamped. Therefore, one night at FHE I had mentioned to him that at the moment I really had nothing going on in my life and that if he needed any help to just let me know. Well his reply was, "Can you teach Sunday school?" Knowing that I could and realizing that he sounded kind of desperate I replied with a very cool, "No problem."
And really, to me it wasn't. I was pretty excited to get to know all of the people in my ward and what a better way than to throw yourself up in front of the entire ward and spill your guts about what you know and don't know about the Gospel...
Now as I had gotten my lesson somewhat prepared and ready to go I got the phone call from the good friend Chip that church was canceled due to Swine flu. Bummed as I was then, I can now look back and see that it was canceled that day for a reason...

NOW jump forward to the next weekend. Yay! I finally get to go back to church and get to teach my lesson. Funny enough I also got to say the prayer in sacrament which I have only done once in 8 years so really... that day at church I was also beginning to feel like a rock star... That is until I laid eyes on him. (Here is when I also started to think "Uh-Oh" because I had been dating a little in the ward and didn't really want to hurt anyone... but when I saw him I knew I was a goner!)
Yep, there he was sitting front row center of my class. Meet Brandon.The funny thing about him is that I had seen him in the chapel, got a little nervous and passed it off. But now, standing right in front of him... I couldn't run from those blue eyes. I was done for.

*Now I have yet to tell him this... so for those of you who do know me and know of what moment in my past I did this... I am sooo glad I got to do it again.*

Boy was I nervous. And speechless! And I couldn't be because I was suppose to be TEACHING the class! So what was the first thing I did? Well... I watched him sit down... and then there I went in big bold letters writing my name down on the bored accompanied with my phone number. I turned around and said, "I just moved here. I need friends. Please call me."

Yes, I am that crazy. And no I didn't see anyone write my number down including the beautiful man in the front row with the eyes that were piercing right through me!
Moving on. I taught my lesson... and really. I think it was one of my prouder moments of my life. My class happened to be very small that day and the lesson that I gave was very intimate and very special and not only touched me but also help me grow and see what I was capable of when I really wanted to be.

Now, forward to the next night at the "Climbing FHE." If you remember from my past posts... my hair looked exceptional that night. I mean really who looks like this to go climb?
I know that from this pic you can't fully tell... But really... I curled my hair with the FLAT IRON. Let's be honest ladies, we all know how long that takes!

So knowing that Brandon was going to be there (Oh you better believe I didn't let him get away from church not knowing if he was goiNG to be at FHE or not)... I pulled out what I thought to be my best of everything actually. I was super stoked on the activity and since I loved to climb and I also got to take photos the whole sha-bang was really working in my favor.
Little did I know though because the kid wasn't even acting like I existed. I think I could of jumped up in his face and kissed him and it would of flown right over his head! I didn't magage to kiss him, but I did manage to smooze a game of pool out of him! In which I then also got a great loss out of him too! Shortly after that we watched a little clip in the theater... he didn't ask for my number, or what I was doing that week, or nothing... and there I was left... with nothing but those flirty glances across a dim lit room to leave me till I might/maybe see him over the course of the weekend.

Now, bring on Thursday morning... Guess who happened to be sitting in the back seat next to me for the next 4 hours?

At the begining of this trip I didn't know if I was going to actually make it out of the car alive. You see, Brandon is a Marine and a Republican. Which I am not a Marine, and I am more of a Liberal Republican if there were to ever be one. This alone almost ended it all! I don't know how many of you have ever gotten into a debate with a member of our armed forces... but here is a word to the wise... if it comes up... RUN.
Making past our discussion and a few laughs later I started to notice that this boy was looking at me a little differently then he had before. Moments later we had exchanged Blackberry messenger address and were then having flirty conversations in the backseat, next to one another... which took me back to 15 all over again. I still have no idea whether or not Sara and Eric had any idea that we were still back there going at it... just via 20th century technology.

By the time we got to Moab... we were inseparable. I don't think it was intentional but somehow we managed to seclude ourselves on a little hiking trip with only Adam to come along,
and it wasn't until I had handed over the camera and saw that he had taken this picture, that I began to see he was looking at me now VERY differently than he had even earlier that day. It was also in this picture that I started seeing how VERY differently he was making me feel.

The trip came and went with competing in a 5k together, high fiveing when we passed each other, disappearing off on a long walk in to the night, taking way more photos of him than necessary, and ending up at night in my little tent just talking about everything in the whole wide world not to mention all of a sudden just holding a man's hand was making me weak in the knees. Being around him just gave me a new feeling of life. Going to bed at night all of a sudden became the worst part of my day.

Upon returning home we unloaded our bags I said goodbye and hoped in my car without so much as a, "When can I see you again?" Funny I thought as I drove away. Not quite as funny as when I walked through my door, felt my phone vibrate, and read, "So what are your plans for the rest of the day?"

Being the girl that I am I immediately got showered, put on clean clothes and headed back over to his house. It was so awesome when he opened the door and realized that I wasn't covered in red dirt on a daily basis!

*Here comes my favorite part.*

Now most of you know this... but for those of you who don't. I love kissing. Almost as much as the Carbieners. (he he) And now having spent almost 3 FULL days with this man I was beginning to wonder if he was ever going to kiss me.

Needless to say... a few hours, a sunset walk on the golf course, and a pause on the wooden bridge later... HE kissed ME. I pulled away, we giggled, I asked, "what?," and he replied, "I think I just had my last first kiss."

From that moment on we have done nothing but fall harder and harder for each other day by day.



It is funny because over the last little while I have called my closest friends and told them that I met "the one." And now here I am writing it down for all of the world to see via world wide web, that I have. I have met not only "the one" but I have met "my one."


I am so lucky to have found Brandon and to feel his love for me everyday. I really don't know how I lived without it. He had brought this amount of fulfillment in to my heart that I had only hoped to find someday. He is caring and strong willed and I have never felt more loved by another human being in my whole life.
We both have had some huge obstacles in our lives that we now know led us to each other. It is so amazing to work out and heal our pains together. We call it our "Leave it at the Door Policy." It is also even that more amazing to, for the first time in my life, not want to run in the other direction, but to grab is hand and bound forward.

No we are not officially engaged, but yes we are in the begining stages of planning our wedding. All I know is that you all better be prepared and save your monies because lets face it who wouldn't want to come celebrate with us in Park City... possibly over New Year's!(hint hint)

Who would of thought I would of found the man of my dreams on a ward camping trip?


*Side note: A few days ago I had hoped on Bran's bed to get ready to read scriptures together, for some reason I had grab his and opened them up... when I did so.. I saw, "Bridget 480.284.####". After seeing this I ran and kissed him and asked, "You wrote my number down? Why didn't you call? I giggled when I heard his reply.

"Well to be honest babe, I thought you were a little out of my league." That alone made me melt just that much more! ;)*

6 comments:

indeazgirl said...

Bridge! I love that I knew none of this! I mean, really,so much of it was news to me. I love this story. It's Amazing! And so fun...

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!! BRIDGET I am so happy for you. I loved that you blogged every little detail. Keep them coming!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Seriously awesome.

And I laughed SO HARD when I read that you two were texting in the back seat.

Isn't being in love the BEST?!?!?!

Camille Elise said...

Um............can I just tell you I have chills right now that he said, "I think I just had my last first kiss"? AHHHH!!!! That is sooooooooo cute. I am oober happy for you. And girl---he is hot!!! Lucky!

Madison said...

aw bridgette i love it so much! i love that he wrote your number down while you were teaching, i laughed out loud. I am so happy for you, you deserve this!

Deanna said...

Congrats but where the H is my shout out?! I mean if we are gonna be THROWING (wink wink) things out there...let's talk about me and the greatness/suckiness of my not being around when people need me/don't need me.
Love you
xoxoxo