Here is my attempt.
Last Tuesday-ish
Monday night was great and going climbing with the ward brought so many new friends in to my life that have already changed it for the better.
Last Tuesday Eric and I decided that we were going to go spend the day climbing and that is almost exactly what we did. Instead we went to a park in SLC that he had mentioned was super cool. Let me tell you... It was! It is this little park nestled in the the canyon right under the capital building and I believe it is called... Utah Memorial Park. (I could be way off) Regardless we had a blast hanging out and hiking most of the day! It is pretty obvious how beautiful Utah is... It constantly amazes me that every time I look in a different direction I am in awe! I just love it. Here are a few of the pics that remind me everyday that I live in a place I consider to be Heaven!
Last Thursday-ish
So now that you all have gotten a glimpse into how my ward works... we left for Moab for the
"The Hanso Challenge"
The first thing was hiking up "Negro Bill Canyon" with Brandon and Adam! It was amazing and the smells were indulgent! It felt like we in a tropical rain forest!
It was so beautiful and I can't wait to go back!
After a whole afternoon of hiking I spent the evening walking off the beaten path with Brandon getting to know more about him and his story. When we got back to camp we realized that the rest of the group had left for a midnight hike to the Delicate Arches without us and we were perfectly ok with that!
Friday and Saturday
The next morning the teams were gathered and the games began! I was placed on the red team, or as I called us "The Hot Tamales!"
As the events took off at their separate times and teams went all their ways I got to run my portion/event which was the 5k. I came in 3rd which wasn't my greatest feat but I was happy enough about it. I wasn't happy about running in almost 80 degrees (give me a break Arizonians I have been in PC where our high has topped off at 70) on a asphalt path, two hours later than I had expected to be running! Regardless it was fun and I got to watch Brandon pass me up which just made it all the more fun! I don't think Brandon had as much fun as I did however when shortly after the race he realized his bad decision in eating his breakfast burrito earlier that morning! All I have to say about that is he should of listened!!!
Here is why:
First off I went to the orienteering even but did not participate for my team had chosen me to hold our lead and run in the last event. But I guess after we repellers had left everyone at the course almost had given up due the first point being 20 degrees off! Eventually Brandon had actually found the first point and thanks to him his team won the event. (Red team came in 2nd)
I was NOT ok with the 2nd 90ft drop that left me with no gloves, burning hands, hanging on a little single rope for dear life with the greatest possibility of droping 60 feet to my possible death. I was also NOT ok with the fact that I still had a 3 mile hike out after my near death experience and that the rest of the crew even had to work there way out of the canyon with out head lamps in the dark! Nevertheless we all survived and learned that one, we needed gloves and two we needed to start that event earlier in the day. By the time my and Celiena had hitchiked back to camp I had realized that I hadn't been that tired or sore in years! Talk about my body letting me know I was still alive!
All in all this trip was amazing and I have about 300 more pictures I had to load up to facebook to prove it... I wish I could of on Blogger but it takes so long to even get one up! I love my new ward and the adventures that everyone wants to put the effort in to creating and participating in.... Not only did I go and have fun and compete my little heart out (Yes, My Team WON!) but I this little trip also helped me find the man of my dreams....





2 comments:
This trip sounds like the sweetest adventure ever.
wow.
U5 is cool. But compared to this - it seems really lame.
Post a Comment