Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I Hate the Olympics

Yes, it is true. Living in Park City has given me a new outlook on the great Olympic Games... this is not because I don't enjoy watching history be made and peoples' dreams come true... it is because people affiliated with this group

and this group
also train and get their hard bodies at the same place I attempt to run and breath at the same time everyday. I must say it is every bit as intimidating as it sounds. When you are on your 2nd mile jogging leisurely and working up a decent sweat on your own good time is a completely different thing than making your self run at 6.8 for 5 miles to keep up with the Olympic Athletes training behind you so that you don't look like a weenie in comparison.

With any luck if I keep this up... after a few weeks at the gym you won't be able to tell who's the pro athlete.. Me or them! (Ha ha yeah right!)

Another great thing about my gym is not only does it rain with Olympic gods from the past and present but that the cardio room is placed over the gym. No big deal right? Wrong! There jut so happens to be certain times of the day everyday when I like to do a little "window shopping. " Yes ladies.. this time is also known as "Men's Drop in Basketball." The best part? They play shirts vs. skins... or 99% of them just all play skins vs. skins.

Needless to say I may hate the Olympics at the moment... but I have never been more in awe of our US Athletes...

God Bless America.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I remember I decided I wanted a 10 mile race to be my first run after months of no training because of a knee injury and I was passed by a 159 year old man. I hated that.
xoxoxo

indeazgirl said...

If I were to run for 6.8 mph on a treadmill with my little short legs I would fall flat on my face and break my nose in about two seconds.