Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Choose The Right

So... I am back in the blogging world after what? 4 or 5 days? (Sorry Sarah for slacking!!! Maybe you should start your own blog!)
It was a good weekend! Long but good!

First.

We went to Temple Square! I have been begging to get Brandon down there for weeks and the boys (Boys = Riley and Brandon...and Bannon joined us at the Lion House for dinner) and I finally went last Thursday! It was amazing and so wonderful to be there with Bran and to get to see them all experience Temple Square in such a beautiful time of year.

The very first thing I wanted them to see was Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration. It was showing in the North Visitor's Center and this picture is Bran and I sitting in the theater waiting for it to start. We both walked out of the movie feeling that much more uplifted and Riley got to see about the history of the church and about Joseph Smith.















It was a really neat experience to get to see both of them around and on the Temple grounds! They both were in awe. I think that is one of the neatest and coolest things I have seen from some twenty something year old men in quite sometime.
I just love this picture... Riley had grabbed my camera and snapped a few... Love him for catching this.




I also loved that he was there to take all of these really cool pictures of Brandon and I at the Temple.
These to me, are pictures that have so much meaning and love behind them...and seeing how this is where we plan to take a few more pictures someday...it really gives me (or us) something amazingly wonderful to look forward too!

It was also super hilarious that it got really windy all of a sudden when decided to take some up on the pedestol in front of the Temple!


Ok, so I know you all might just be getting sick and tired of all these pictures... but I don't care. I love them and love him and just want to tell the whole world so you are going to have to deal.

Following these pictures on my hard drive are one's of Brandon and I flipping gang signs... they need a post all to themselves. What is it about me loving men who think that they are thugs in my life?









Out of the entire day... these are my favorite!





To finish off the night we all of hoovered (yes, I just said that) dinner at the Lion House and basked in rolls and honey butter... really the only thing better than that comes from Brenham and involves cows that think they are in Heaven.

Next.... Saturday. We had an "US" day. Riley had a hot date which meant we had the house to ourselves! For dinner we went to a local bugger joint called "Flippen Burgers"... AMAZING. We will be back.. and then later cuddled in to watch old episodes of "How I Met Your Mother" (This must also have it's own post) The best part of the day however is after we watched an episode, out of the middle of no where Brand asked me if I wanted to go for a walk. You see I am a complete sucker for any type of romance whatsoever... To be honest I don't care what it is, what it costs, or how you do it... as long as for one minute I get to feel like I am the only thing in the world that matters... and by him asking me that... accomplished all that and more. We took a lovely llooonngg walk on the golf course and around the neighborhood and talked about everything from wedding stuff to politics! I loved every seconded. It really made my whole day.

Sunday.

Well... Sunday was interesting. Lets just say yesterday I gave my very first talk at church ever! Crazy right? Yeah! It only took eight years! Needless to say... I don't have a problem public speaking and it went very well! The Bishop said some things to me that really rocked my world and made me feel that I did a good job and made him proud which made me very happy.

After that there was nothing left to do but sleep. I had not been feeling very well all day and had somekind of crazy nightmares the night before so I laid low... slept and woke up ready to conquer the world today.

All in all... the weekend was amazing and full of highs and lows... it also reminded me that not matter the circumstance as long as I "Choose the Right" everything will work out as it should... and sometimes even better than expected!

3 comments:

Sara said...

i love flippin' burgers! that family is great that owns it. i remember tasting what they were making up for menus in the restaurant! so great!

p.s. good talk in church! i can't believe it was your first one. especially since you lived in provo!

indeazgirl said...

Good job on rocking your talk. And I could go over which of these pictures I liked the most, but really, I just think they are all pretty great. very cute and very fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm very picky about when couples look like they belong together and when they don't. You guys pass the test.

And you also look adorable.
Congratulations.