Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Modest Is Hottest


Halloween
is a always an interesting time of year for those of us who are LDS and a women. The reason being the savvy persons in the industry of costume making/designing also decided this would be a great opportunity to see how many half naked women they could get running around in the middle of night. Don't get me wrong I am not pointing the finger solely at the men here. I have been to Scottsdale on this night for many years and do realize that a million of these girls love the occasion to show off their "new purchases" if you know what I mean.

Regardless I must say this year I was presently surprised with the length my friends went to to look amazing but still classy at the same time. For instance Christin. Get this! (This is why I love her and sometimes want to be her!) She decided she wanted to be Goldilocks. Not "Slutty Goldilocks" or "Get Me Drunk Goldilocks" but just Goldilocks! Seeing how many of her costume options were as the aforementioned she opted to make her own! Let me tell you for a girl that had never sewn before it was unreal! Then there was Ariana, she bought her 70s getup at least a month ago in California knowing full well that all her goodies wouldn't be out there in the world for all to see as well.

I am proud of my friends and the examples they are of moral human beings. (Yes, even you Brad! ha ha) We didn't have to be retying or adjusting our costumes all night or have to be afraid that someone was accidentally going to take a photo of our "Brittany" getting out of the car. We all had a blast. It was a good ol' night of dancing and some pretty amazing Halloween costumes. A friend on the phone the other day saw some of the pictures and told me that, "You all looked great!" I said, "thank you," to which he replied, "I always do believe Modest is Hottest."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodies. My goodies. My goodies, not MY goodies hanging out there! (not like there's a whole lot to show anyways...)

hahaha! I love that we can all still look mighty fine while keeping our clothes on. though I'm not opposed to traipsing around our own house half dressed (no worries, I treasure my tank tops) I've no need for anyone else to see it.

oh, and thanks for the hairspray help. big hair is a lot of work!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I can't wait until I can post them. I've seen some, and they look good. I agree with your halloween post! Save those costumes for you and your husband! hee hee : )