Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 20, 2008

What Were They...


My Childhood Dreams?

At this time in my life... more than ever... I do not know what to do next. I don't know where I should go, what I want to do, or what my purpose is on this planet. For almost the past week this thought has been plaguing my entire existence.

About a month ago this book was referred to me from an friend and it has made an impression on my mind that refuses to leave. The author was a Professor that was fighting pancreatic cancer that eventually took his life. He prided himself on living his life to the fullest and conquering all of the dreams he had dreamed as a child. It is an amazingly inspiring story that I highly recommend to everyone.

Aside from the recommendation, I am left with this question of what do I do next? What did I want as a child. I look back now and remembering what I do... I now know that the possibility of marrying Peter Jennings or Hefty the Smurf is not an option for obvious reasons. So I am stuck. There are a few options in my life at the moment and I am worried for the sure fact that I will do something I do not love. The problem in that being is that I like a lot of things, but not love. I am also good at many things, but not great. So now what? How is it that at 25 I feel so found and lost at the same time? And how do I channel the little girl inside of me to be able to have this smile across my face day in and day out for the rest of my life?

6 comments:

The Burdo Family said...

Great questions, I have often wondered what I should do that I would love and it definitely wasn't accounting. So far, I haven't found the answers to those questions, unless you count loving being a wife and mother which I do love. Doesn't pay the bills though! You will find your place in life Bridge, of that I have no doubt. You are an amazing, talented person with a lot to offer, and any job (or person) would be lucky to have you.

Love the pic, you were such a cute little girl!

Travis Butterfield said...

hefty the smurf, huh? that's hilarious. p.s. I think that picture of you is the cutest ever.

Travis Butterfield said...

p.s. I TOTALLY understand what you're feeling. I'm in the exact same boat, missy. It's frustrating when you can't really say what you want to do with your life, huh? I hate it when people ask me what I'm studying, or what I want to do with my major - or what I want to be "when I grow up." Mostly because I never have a good answer, other than "uhhh, I'm not really sure." We should have an uncertainty party! Maybe. I'm not really sure if we should . . .

Unknown said...

Bridge:

Nothing is easy.
First, look into the future, to see or at least try to see what/where you want to be.
Of all the things you like, consider the one you like the most or the one you think suits you the better even though it’s not at the top of the list.
None of us is great at many things, usually you are good first, and then you’ll be great as you get some experience.
It’s called learning process, and usually we all hate it, or feel like we can’t do it. But one day you’ll look back and be very happy you did it.
It’s like in a relationship; you don’t start one because you love a person. You start one because you like the person, and with time comes LOVE. (Yep, I know…., this is coming from the guy that took him less than a week to LOVE someone, and you know…..)

But one thing you must remember is that what ever you do you have to do it with an open mind and heart.
And don’t forget that YOU ARE AWESOME.


Love

Gus

PS: Sorry about my grammar and mistakes. And remember this is just my point of view.

Anonymous said...

Peter Jennings huh? LOL. Too cute. These are great questions that I think everyone will go through for probably a long long time. Just think about this: When I was younger I wanted to be one on Bob Barker's Beauties on the price is right or a singer on Broadway. I'm neither. But we'll both figure it out.

Deanna said...

I'm in the EU with no clue when I'll go home, what I'll do if I go home, who wants me home, etc. Who cares...I'm happy. Read my post here:
http://deannalw.blogspot.com/2008/07/way-you-do-it.html
xoxoxo