The latest.. MY Mac & Cheese compliments of the Barefoot Contessa! (Which was amazing!)
If you feel so inspired to try this out here you are!
Now I can't promise you will look or be as happy us making it! But, your tummy will!
Another great thing about Sunday night dinners is we all never know who our company joining us will be! Brad and I usually just invite whom ever we feel like during church earlier that day and so far it has worked out perfectly. This week however I got to invite a long lost high school friend! Mr. Shawn Cox came out and joined off of us for the "Perfect Mormon Evening." It was really funny to get to see him see me in my life and how much it has changed in the past 10 years!
He was hysterical! Christin and Brad and I have all decided that our favorite line from Shawn of the night was, "What are you guys living in a plant mortuary?" (This was in reference to their 3 DEAD potted plants on the counter!) What makes it even funnier was that Shawn majored in plant biochemistry and he grew up with his parents owning a nursery! We all just died with laughter!
As unpredictable as our Sunday nights are... this one brought yet one more surprise!
Matt Hartwigs Birthday Party with ROCKBAND! (And my new friend Doug who reminds me of my old friend Matt! With a little longer hair!)

Like I said before... with ROCKBAND! I don't know why I have yet to give in to purchasing this wonderful little taste of music heaven but I love this game! Every time I go to a friends home who owns this little treasure I covet it more than anything... ONE DAY IT WILL BE MINE! So UNTILL THEN I will just have to bask in the glory of making appearances and different vennues and gigs around the Phoenix metro area!





5 comments:
Sundays are probably my favorite day as well, I love being lazy and our weekly walk to Starbucks with hubby, baby and the dogs.
Thanks for the macaroni recipe, I will definitely give it a try since it is my favorite food (will have to be when Ryan is gone since he hates it).
By the way, we have guitar hero (not quite as cool as Rockband) so you should come visit us sometime!!
Oh, our unexpected dinner parties....it was fun to meet Shawn. And you are an excellent cook :o) I love Gruyere!
I would pay 10 USD for 1 box of macaroni & cheese right now. Oh how I miss America.
xoxoxo
Your mac and cheese was glorious. And this is coming from a girl who has NEVER EVER liked any mac and cheese I've ever had. So that is high praise.
And you look fantastic in that rock band picture. :]
I hope that everyone helps to fund these unexpected dinner parties and stays to help clean up afterwards. I think that Mama Christin may be getting stuck with these side benefits???? I know my son left for New York and left a HUGE mess for her. Please all of you, stay and do your part. If you are, then disregard. Just an over protective father speaking.
Post a Comment