Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

These Things Made My Day Rock!




I had a great day because of these few things:

1. I finished Twilight. I finished it in 2 1/2 days. It was glorious. Why did I wait so long to give in to this teenage cultural phenomenon? I am in love with Edward Cullen. I don't care if he is a fictitious character in a book. Nor do I care if he is a vampire. He can whisk me away and bite my neck anytime he chooses.


2. I found this gem at My Sister's Closet today. I have always wanted a 1940ish pencil skirt. It only added to my excitement that it is Ralph Lauren, cashmere, and a size 4! Not to leave out that it fits me like a glove and my booty would make J-Lo jealous in it! I also love that discovered a pair of camo capris that I have secretly been coveting on other girls all summer long. They are both now mine at the price of $9.53. Thank you consignment in store credit!!!



3. Everyday I struggle to find the things about Arizona that I like enough to actually keep me here. Today was not such a struggle. Pictured below is the parking lot I walked across earlier today. I was stroling from Barnes and Noble to Target to pick up a few things.


You see the best part of this long walk in the middle of the day when it was 100 degrees out is this:
Yes! There is Bose... yes.. bose speakers on every light pole pumping all of the light rock you could ever dream of while walking to and from your car. Phill Collins felt it "Coming through the air tonight" at 3:00 in the afternoon through this parking lot. Unbelievable uh?


Needless to say sometimes the littlest things make all the difference in the day... and today these little things made my day rock! Thank you Phil!

3 comments:

indeazgirl said...

I've been awake now for 10 whole minutes and haven't seen the skirt yet. What is wrong with this picture??
So glad you got a smoking deal, and 90% of the time, I love the songs from those speakers! :o) Go Arizona and your 100 degree end-of-Septembers!

The Burdo Family said...

I am OBSESSED with the Twilight Series, I read all 4 books in a week. Ryan was out of town working in Montana and I stayed up every night until 3 in the morning until I finished them. After I finished, I wished I hadn't read them so fast because I wanted more! My favorite was the last book, so good!!

Anonymous said...

Please do not give them to me to read. I started on the Children of Promise series that you gave me and nearly forgot I have a job, family and calling until I finished all five of them. I don't understand the skirt thing but if it makes you smile then wear it with pride!