So.
Here are a few shots from the weekend I mentioned.
Looking back I realize I never really explained where/who/what I was doing.
It kind of went like this....
A few weeks ago as I was combing my morning blog/photographer stalking and I noticed that Scott Markewitz was doing a local workshop at the Bird.
For those of you who don't know who this guy is...well google him.
Anything you have looked at related to most HUGE sporting good campaigns/ski magazine covers have been his. This past year he was honored in Power Magazine 40th anniversary edition showcasing photos and stating that he was one of nineteen of Powder's top photographers in the past 40 years.
Needless to say he doesn't suck.
I however do. :)
I have never shot skiing and most of you know that my photography is a slow growing passion.
This is mostly because I stop myself.
You know... when you are more terrified about doing something great that instead of grabbing the bull by the horns you instead run in fear?
Well when I saw this opportunity I didn't want to run.
I knew it would be an honor just to get to see how Scott does things and how he shoots.
I knew I was going to do what ever it took to go.
Money I had or not.
So I filed my taxes wwaaayy early and got the money to go.
Two weeks later I drove up to the Bird nervous as all hell and went with it.
Want to know the crazy thing?
After being there the first day I was no longer nervous.
I realized I might have a little but more of a talent then I knew.
(Yes.. do you know what it takes to shoot "flying" athletes around 10 other people?)
I also realized how much I loved it.
I mean really really loved it.
Yes, learning to ski with 30lbs on your back is an adventure but a freaking fun one!
So there you have it.
It is a really rare thing for me to go blindly into something.
Let alone something that intimidates me so much it almost makes me sick.
However looking back... had I decided not to go?
I would of regretted it.
Think snow!!!













No comments:
Post a Comment