Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 20, 2012

Go Do.


Source: flickr.com via Meaghan on Pinterest








On days like today it isn't very hard to realize what you have and not take it for granted.

This winter season has been a rough one. 
It feels like the "ski family" has suffered more losses than it can count. 
Yesterday it hit close to home. 
Not so much with me, but with Jordy.
The accident could of been worse... how ironic to say that when 3 people lost their lives. 
However... yet again... it is a call to me to treasure what I do have.

The past few weeks have really made me rethink my direction in life.
It helped me to uncover a passion I didn't quite understand I had. 

Somehow it also helped to see that sometimes no matter what the circumstance you just need to let go.
and... go do.
A few days ago after a tearful phone conversation I called someone to vent.
(Yes, I was venting about my on again-off again relationship.) (Ohh I so love being a girl)
Oddly in the middle of the conversation the person said to me, "You know Bridge, not to be rude but if you put half the effort into your photography as you do in to so-and-so you probably would be in a completely different place." 

Hmmm..
Yeah.
Ok.

It only stung for a second... that has lasted a few days.

However it made perfect sense. 
I have always been one to put my personal life before everything.
I have a big heart.
(Obviously)

I think for the time being I am done doing so.
I have been wearing my heart on my sleeve for someone who doesn't want it.

For today.
I am taking it back.
I am tucking it in my pocket.
I am waiting for someone who wants it.
Not just someone who says they do.
Someone who really does.

For today.
I am going to...
go do.



xoxo.


1 comment:

Deanna said...

Thank you, Lee Ann Womack:

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances, but they're worth takin'
Lovin' might be a mistake, but it's worth makin'
Don't let some Hellbent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to sellin' out, reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance.