Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 27, 2012

My Uncle Les

I have cabin fever.
No joke.

The worst part?
I have missed almost all of the Sundance action.
It is crazy because to be honest most of us PC locals are not that into it. Yes we like that all of the tourists bring us business and lots and lots of monies but on the other hand it also wears us all down. Sadly for me the only week of the year I get to rub elbows with celebs and make benjamins I get whopping cough.
Yes, you read that correctly.
What almost 29 year old adult woman gets whopping cough?
This one.
Ridiculous.


Outside of the sickness my family is full of heart ache.
This past week we lost my Uncle Les.
He was a feisty cowboy.
He had a huge spitfire attitude that cracked us all up.
He was a hard worker and even more incredible father.

Somewhere in me there was a very tender place for this man.
Every time I saw him I lost it.
I don't know why.
Maybe it was the little girl in me who remembers him putting me on the back of the horse and trotting me around without a care in the world. Maybe it was his teasing or just the big hugs he gave I couldn't resist.


Whatever it was it will be missed. 
My heart and love goes out to my Aunt La and cousins and Uncle Les's family.
He was a special man and will remain that way in my heart always.







No comments: