Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 24, 2011

We Walked.

Today was the day.
Today was the day we walked for NAMI and Team Speedy.
Thanks to numerous people at work and a few larger donations I overshot my personal goal and at the last time I checked NAMI had raised over $86,000.00!


 



It was such a lovely fall morning in the SLC and we couldn't of asked for a better turnout.
It was also nice to see some friends who I haven't seen in awhile as well as have 
'TB" come down and join us all for the morning. 

On a personal note, the highlight of the morning was talking to my Grandma Evie.
6 days before my 7th birthday her son, my dad, ended his life by his choosing.
Her and I have never really had a conversation about it. 
Today we did.
Today we talked about how she saw it and how she believes as I do about the situation and about depression as a whole. 
It was a moment that I will forever be grateful for.
Had he not been in my life nor would she of been and my childhood would of looked very different. 

I am glad I made the decision I did today... couldn't of started a Saturday morning in a better way.
I was proud to walk along side so many wonderful people for such a great cause.
Hopefully the world will grow and people will learn and people will know they are not alone.

Lots of love to my family and all of those who have lost due to mental illness... I will never forget these individuals and may they remain apart of my thoughts day to day forever.

Have a good weekend everyone!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

proud of you! and just pulled your stuff up ... so you can be proud of me! :) love!

~ other "Bama"

indeazgirl said...

I love this last picture. Congrats on raising like boo-koo dollars. And I'm so glad you met the people you did. It sounds amazing.