There are somedays where you just need a split second to change your entire perspective on the day and parts of yourself.
I mentioned that last month was unruly.
It was unforgiving.
It was if Irene got caught up in me before she ever made her winds hit the east.
This week a different type of storm has arrived.
It is like the rain in the desert.
After the sky opens up and the clouds mellow you can smell the clean.
You can feel the new.
All you want to do is breathe it in.
That is how I am feeling today.
Mostly due to an unexpected circumstance.
I have made a new friend/friends.
YES, JUST A FRIEND.
However in the short time around them they have said somethings that brought me back to me.
With just a few sentences they brought an air of confidence into my countenance that has been missing for quite sometime.
I was confiding in them.
On a personal note, I was reflecting on the few times in my life where someone has told me that they would never be able to make me happy.
In response, I know that my love language is just quality time.
Just being there.
It was so comforting to have them say a few things to me of such sincerity and openness that walking into the conversation I was in a place of almost sorrow and leaving it I was over willing to hold my head high.
They also mentioned my blog.
(It amazes me all of you that read and I have no clue)
They told me that at times I have been "censored."
My reply?
"In the past I have gotten into trouble for being to open."
They then said,"So it's you. Your emotion is a good thing."
I get criticized a ton for wearing my heart on my sleeve.
For being too open or up or down.
Today?
I am no longer going to listen.
If I am not hurting anyone I am making it a goal to just be me and be proud of it.
Happy and all.
Alone.
and... with friends.
To my new friends.
Thank you for being the rain.
Now how about you come sit on the porch and enjoy the rainbow?
P.S. A few shots of my new home...it is heaven out here!










5 comments:
The clean you smell isn't the rain...it's my laundry detergent.
Bridget! One of my favorite things about you is that you are so open. It makes you, YOU. I'm glad your new friends helped you feel more comfortable with that!
i love that smell. and you know i love you being you. love you NEW friend!
p.s. i find we are only truly good at being ourself.
How bout your dog matches your bed and i love this picture. And, of course, I'm happy you made an awesome friend. Or reunited.
Best blog yet....raw, real....vulnerable. Photo's are super sweet
Post a Comment