Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Almost 20 Years in Waiting.

Fair Warning: Some of these photos are NASTY! 

There are somedays where I marvel at how far we have evolved as humans.
To think that just this week there have been releases linked to researchers finding the first possible cure to cancer!
It all just blows me away.
This day a few weeks ago was another day that I was in shock/awe/freaking out of my mind/excited/ amazed.
Mostly because of the technology they can use to make you new teeth!

You see, everyone has their insecurities.
Mine have always been my teeth.
Always.
This is thanks to playing chicken on my bike with my brother around the age of 10.
Yes, I was playing chicken wouldn't jump out of the way and knocked my teeth out.
To this day it still remains one of the worst memories of my childhood/life.
It also allowed me to have a black post placed in my bone that made my tooth look grey all my life.

However, knowing how I have felt about this (not good) for years I promised myself that before I was 30 I would get my teeth done. 
Yep, having the metal post removed out my jaw bone and veneers placed wherever they seem fit.
Well a few weeks ago I took my first step.
I had my first surgery to help one of my dreams come true.
Can you say, "Whoa bone graft and some stitches later!"

Not to mention you better believe I asked my Dr. to take photos of me while I was unconscious! 

Pre Surgery!

Tooth GONE! 
(They let me keep it;) 

After post removal.
Can you see my hands?
Yeah I was passed out and stoked apparently! 

Me awake but without my tooth!


Dr. Neilson.
He pretty much rocks.
He called to check on me more than once after surgery!
The man is a rockstar and if you are in the Utah Valley and need an amazing periodontist let me know I'll get you in touch.

Post surgery.
Not quite as happy and clear but well on my way to my beautiful new smile! 

After the next few days I got a ton of love!
Even my buddies at Starbucks wrote me little notes! 

Lastly whenever any of you are feeling sick or out of surgery do you crave anything?
Me? Yes?
Other than the amazing 5lbs of mashed potatoes Bama made for me it was this.

Hamburger Helper and canned green beans! 

The past few weeks I have been healing. 
We will see how it turns out!
I have to wait 3 more months till they are finished but hey if I have waited this long what is a few more months? 




3 comments:

shirley elizabeth said...

Holy painful!
My goodness. You are a brave one.

Katie said...

Painful much? But I am sure it's going to look great! You were beautiful before the surgery, too!

indeazgirl said...

Awesome pics.
Kudos to good starbucks friends.
Bleech. Canned green beans.
love the new smile.