At one point this summer my guest room looked like this.
Lovely right?
In company with that mess of a room my insides were about that messy too.
I have always been a person who trusts to easily.
I give people my heart and all of it when I can.
I make mistakes and am not afraid to joke about them after the sting has passed.
This summer however my heart had changed and my views on trust might never be as open as they once were.
I lost a, what I thought, was a best friend this summer.
She bluntly stabbed me in the back.
She lied to Jordy.
She lied to her current boyfriend.
She made jokes of these lies to PAT-Rice.
She purposefully lied to me and had no reason to do any of it.
I will never know her motivation.
I don't want to know.
For the past few months I have been grieving.
I feel as if she died.
I am ok with that.
There are reasons that people come into your life and they give you lessons.
The lesson I learned?
Always live with the truth on your sleeve even if it hurts because it will always be there and you can never run from the truth no matter how hard you try.
Luckily I have my PAT-Rice and her healing porch.
This has become a special place for me.
One that invites Makers on the rocks and hipster girls without shoes.
It is a place where Bernice the pigeon won't judge you and a place where you can bawl your guts out at midnight.
I love PAT-Rice's healing porch.
I hope that all of you have a porch, or chair, or comfy bed.
A place that is your sanctuary.
A place you can run.
I also hope that you have a friend like mine.
She makes me realize all the other "friends" are not really friends at all when the don't love me like she does.










1 comment:
I think I would very much like Patrice and that porch. I'm glad you have them both.
Post a Comment