Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May Day! Mayday! Man Overboard.


Mayday is an emergency procedure word used internationally as a distress signal in voice procedure radio communications. It derives from the French venezm'aider, meaning "come help me." This all according to Wikipedia of course.
It also happens to be the first day of May depending on the way you spell the two words. Oddly enough the meaning of May Day is just simply that it is a workers holiday used to celebrate spring in many ancient cultures.
I find it ironically funny that two words so similar mean something so different.
I also find it erie that somehow they both applied to me at the same time on the same day.

MAY DAY.
This year PC has got nothing but snow. Awesome right?
Not so much in May. When everything shuts down 2 weeks beforehand.
Except the Bird.
So to do the aforementioned celebrating Jordy and I went skiing.
We went skiing in fresh pow. On the first day of May. Fresh pow.
It was stupid.
It was the best I have skied all year and the first time I really wanted HUGE fat skis and more pow pow. Not my board. It was the best way to end the season, on such a high note in the freshies.



To prove my point. Look at the lift and the patrol shack.
It was insane.



To top off the May Day celebrations we ran into a ton of friends.
On the tram, on the lift, hiking up the backside, and eating burgers on the deck we found we were surrounded by good friends and amazing skiers.
What a better way to celebrate then with other people high on a mountain?
Happy May Day right?


MAYDAY!!!!

I find that sometimes in life we will scream this at the top of our lungs praying someone will hear us. Sometimes I find that I scream so loud no one can hear me. Including myself.
So I sit there adrift. Rocking in the waves listening the the seagulls and watching the sun rove over me until day and night are no longer distinguishable, one from the other.
I have mentioned dealing with my ADD here and here. I haven't ever mentioned what it is like for the other people in my life to see me fall or in this case float.
You see friends, I love with everything. I feel with all my heart. When I am up I am way up. When I am down? I feel down with everything. I feel it with all my heart and when I am down and start to drown.
Sometimes, the other people in my life can't save me.
In this case, I have not only found a life raft and saved myself the best I can but I have very rapidly paddled away from Jordy.
Now I could go in to all the details of why I have ended things the way I have. I don't really need to publicize the "he said, she said" side of things.
However, I do need to say that he is wonderful.
He has thrown me more than one booie.
I just sometimes can't catch very well.
I hope him and I can get back to a "day at the beach" type of life.
Today for me though I am once again just trying to find the shore.

The only thing constant in life is change. One day I will find my pace and ship.
Maybe I need to sail in a different direction and see where that finds me?

No comments: