Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 17, 2010

Simple.

This past week has been wonderful for me.
Oddly enough it had a little to do with getting sick and being forced to quiet down for a few days.
Or sadly, in those few days I found out that a dear friend from high school passed away.
This is my 3rd friend in the past 2 months to have lost their life.
Given the fact that a few bad things happened last week the simplicity of quieting down and just existing made it fantastic.
I got to read.
I got to eat.
I got to enjoy the first real day of "summer" here in PC.
(This means it got above 60 degrees!)
I spent some time with a friend with whom I took a long cruiser ride to the Newpark, enjoyed dinner, and had good conversation.
At the end of that particular evening, I divulged in to a dessert that I know I haven't has since I was at the Carbiener's last year some time... Fresh strawberries, bananas, vanilla ice cream, and some simple chocolate sauce.
To me... anything involving ice cream is heaven.
The past few days just seemed to float on by.
Nothing big happened,
nothing small did either...
Rather I just got to be and live and those are the days that I get to see that sometimes less is more that
Sometimes things just being simple are the best things of all.

No comments: