Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Honesty.

Over the past few weeks I have read a few people's blogs who have written 10 honest things about themselves and I thought it was time it was my turn.

Here it goes.

1. I bite my nails.
Only when I am nervous or anxious. Or sad. Or worried. Most people don't know this about me but it's true. I have had one close friend know that about me and when he caught me doing it would slap my hand out of my mouth. When I was in the 5th or 6th grade my friends Sarah and Crystal and I attempted to listen to a tape that claimed to fix your nail biting by hypnosis. All I remember about that session is falling asleep and biting my nails the next day. Now, 20 years later I still do.
2. I have had more boyfriends than I can remember.
Now you all say that yeah you probably know this. Let me tell you... You all don't know that half of it. I have asked myself for years why I've had or continuously have a boyfriend. Maybe it was taught to me by the church in lessons of "trying to find your eternal companion" or maybe it is some huge "daddy" complex type thing. Regardless. I like boys. I always will. I also do believe in love and being a hopeless romantic so I don't plan on stopping till I do find "Mr. Right" or "The One" or whomever he is.
3. I haven't been to church since November.
I know that this news doesn't come to a shock to some of you. To others it might. Now in letting you all know this I do not want questions as to why. Including questions I don't want to be preached to or told I am not living right.
I will however be clear on something.
I know the church is true.
I always have known this and I always will. There are a million reasons as to why I could share with you all what my personal struggles are with the church but for now in my life I am in a place where I am asking myself somethings about who I am and how I live my life that make me happy. Yes, some of the answers contradict my beliefs and vise versa... the day I can get those both figured out I most likely will have found my way back to church. Until then know I know what the truth is and I will always know that in my heart.
4. Sometimes when I am alone I pretend I am on Oprah.
Yes.
Seriously.
Wether it is getting ready in the morning telling her about my new book or driving down the street explaining my newest adventure to help yet another underprivileged school in Africa,
At 27, I still pretend and make believe.
Sadly I can't say this is a dream of mine to be on her show but somehow I still have a surprise interview with her from time to time.
5. I look at a picture of the SM every so often.
When he was here and I was writing some crazy blogs while I was trying to figure out some crazy feelings.
In the middle of all of this, he came out and met us all when he wasn't suppose too. Or rather his work buddies and him just "happened" to be at the same place we all were...
Oddly enough... (not really)
I had my camera and was taking random pictures of the girls.
Somehow I took one of the bar.
At that moment in time I didn't know he was there.
Today I still think that picture is, "Some kind of wonderful."
6. I spend a minimum of an hour maybe 2 on the internet everyday.
The worst part about that is that it is all just looking at blogs and Facebook.
Pathetic I know.
7. Even worse. I love the E! Channel on TV.
It might be the Kardashians.
Or Kendra.
Or Chelsey.
Regardless it is trash and I love it.
Call me the biggest teenager you have ever seen.
I don't care.
8. I have hit on more doctors and nurses than anyone I know.
I have spent quite a few hours in hospitals and doctors offices in the past few years.
Honestly I was just trying to keep up my game.
9. I hate my teeth more than how loud I am.
True story.
I get made of how loud I am daily. It honestly means nothing to me when compared to how much I hate my teeth.
Note to you all.
If you so decided to play chicken on any sort of transportation do the right thing and be the chicken. Jump out of the way. Dodge the bullet.
If you don't, you could just end up nailing the person coming at you and knocking your front teeth out.
10.Most days I want more and am to afraid to try.
As bold and fearless as I am... I am a coward with what I really want.
One thing for instance is with my art.
I want to create more. I want to color, paint, shoot, and glue more.
I don't know what is stopping me but I am determined to change it.

So there you go everyone.
Your turn!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

My Dearest Bridgee ~ I love how you have found such a creative way to sort out your thoughts, share them with authenticity and face your fears.
Your next day off ....please schedule time with me. Together we will take one baby step toward creating more....even if this means creating another "shrine to hotties!"
Love You Most,
Mom

indeazgirl said...

I've thought about this now since you posted it, but I didn't think I could think of 10 things. Here goes. Off the top of my head. Without over-thinking it.

1. I have no hobbies. I hate when people ask me what I like to do with my free time and I have no answer. Cook? Read Glamour? Work out? Does working out get to count as a hobby. I really don't think so.

2. I have a complex about not being able to keep my room clean. Or my living room. I tell myself I am very busy and that's why. Most of the time it's the truth.

3. When i was 16 I thought kissing would be the best thing ever. I had 13 kissing pictures in my house at at 20. I still think kissing is the best thing ever. I think it imparts a ridiculous amount of dopamine into my system. I think.

4. I'm starting to not hate my white legs. I realized they're a lot like my Nana's. I miss her almost every day.

5. My diet is really not as healthy as I like to think it is. But my cholesterol is now 176, not 206. So I think I might live a few more years.

6. I honestly love old people. I think I identify with them better than young people. The only people I really needed to say bye to in my ward were Sister Matheson and Sister Burton. They feel like soul mates to me.

7. I spend money too much. But man, I love it.

8. I am blown away completely that I will be an NP in 7 months. I have no idea where I will work. And I'm not that stressed about it.

9. I consider therapy almost daily to investigate whether I have attachment disorder, commitment issues, narcissism, or lack of motivation. really. this is true. But then I think I'm just a hopeless romantic who loves being close to people and loves sugar and I don't go. Who gives herself Blue Steel looks because she really wants to be a J. Crew model. Or Banana Republic.

10. I love you Bridget.