Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 5, 2009

Silence.


Today has been so quiet.
Everyone has gone home.
Jake is at work.
It is a chilling 35 degrees out.
And the snow is falling.
To me, there is nothing that makes it more quiet than snow falling.

Funny how things go from loud, crazy, and insane, to very clam, collected, and serene.
I wish everyone was able to have the view I have from my living room window.
Everyday I gaze out at a panoramic of three huge ski resorts and their ski runs.
This morning it made my heart leap for joy and the season is drawing nearer... and then I had this thought.

So... being a part of a culture that gets married and has children very young, most days I ask myself, "What have I done wrong?"
Most days that is.
NOT TODAY.
Today I was grateful that I am pretty much the last of my group of girl friends to have found their soul mate and reproduced 2 or 3 rug rats.
Why? You ask.
Because in 52 days from now I will get to do whatever I want.
This includes putting on my thermals,
zipping up my jacket,
and strapping my board to my feet.

While in the meantime not having to deal with childcare, or babies screaming, or a husband nagging.

The only thing I will hear is the complete silence of the snow.

I understand this post may be a bit selfish sounding...
But today that is ok.

Today it is quiet,
and my friends are gone.
So today I will bask in the glory of what is to come.

Even those days that I might decide to stick two boards on my feet instead of just one...

5 comments:

indeazgirl said...

As much as I don't miss freezing myself, I will miss your beautiful panoramic windows in the morning. (I already do). I will miss wearing my hoodies, and I will be a little envious of trampling, even just a little bit, through perfect blankets of snow. Enjoy your many days of skiing and boarding!!

Deanna said...

hey...I'm NOT married. Don't forget about me...
xoxoxo

Emily said...

Cute blog... And snow already?! Wow gotta love the stuff. :)
-Emily Anne

Default said...

i absolutely LOVE your blog!

A "cheery" disposition said...

wow i cant believe you already have snow