Fair warning the background on this post is for those of you in Phoenix and outside of the ski industry that have no clue who Shane McConkey was.
Remember this post?
Background.
He was a MAJOR pioneer of skiing.
He was out of control.
Had balls of steel.
Flew off of cliffs.
And could ski anything.
Then in March of this last year while filming for the new MSP movie In Deep,
Shane's parachute didn't open.
That day was a day that the skiing community was rocked.
He is in our hearts and will always be remembered.

Go See It! It will blow your mind!
Moving on.
Shane had an alter ego who was named "Saucer Boy."
As you can see he was somewhat hysterical!
Well, for the new MSP Premier I had read that if you dress up like Saucer Boy you could win a prize!
HELLO!
Yes, Prize for me thank you.
I decided I would try to scrounge up something and win something as well.
And guess what?
I DID!

As a matter of fact I was the only person at the Salt Lake Premier to do so!
(Not to mention it was kind of a shabby costume.. not my best work)
I got to go on stage, have a room full of people cheer for me, and accept a hug from very cute skier (sorry jake) (who also happened to have the most amazing calves)
and win a Da Kine Pack!

So for everyone out there go check out "In Deep,"
May our heart and prayers still lie with Shane's Family,
and at the begining of this winter let's all continue to
PRAY FOR SNOW!





1 comment:
Well I'm glad to know who this Shane guy is. And see a picture of you in those sexy hot pink pants. I would think you would have worn those to my Bond party, they're incredibly seductive.
Post a Comment