Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, July 19, 2009

"Look At It Like This Is A Field Trip"

This past weekend was as good as it gets in my opinion. I love summer weekends and the little surprises that they bring despite all you may plan or even feel like doing!




This is my new/old friend John. New because he now lives in Park City and used to live in AZ. Old because we know each other through an old friend Quincy who has been apart of my life for the past 11 years!
Him now living here as been so awesome for me and my love of playing tour guide in a place that no other person is more proud to call home!
We have been tromping through town, hiking up mountains, and jamming out to all of the local concerts that allow us to dance and shake our booties!







As previously mentioned we have had a blast this weekend. The best thing about my new friend John is that he has a passion for music that competes with mine. He also is down to see almost anyone who comes into play despite the venue or cost! Knowing this, Friday morning I had found out that G.Love was playing in a venue on Main Street called Harry O's, and thought I would shoot John a text to see if he wanted to roll with it! Much to my surprise he has seen him 3 previous times and loves G. Needless to say an hour later we had tickets and 7 hours later we were 5 rows back dancing the night away to the perfect summer jams!
G. LOVED IT!

Saturday. Yeah. I got to work most of the day. More on that later.

Sunday. Well. I took a Mulligan for Sunday this week and decided to take John hiking instead of going to church. I laughed while saying to John, "Sometimes nature is more like church for me than church is." His response, "Bridget, look at this like today is field trip day!" We both had a good laugh with that!
The best part of the day was the hike! It was amazing. We hiked up to Stuart Falls at Sundance. Actually we rode the chair lift up and then hiked the 3 mile loop! It was amazing and so beautiful! There were a few moments where I had to pinch myself and remind myself that yes, I lived only minutes away from this special little place and that the millions of others that I have yet to discover!
Here are a few great shots from our little adventure.


No comments: